After the spending spree of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, consumers look to Giving Tuesday as an opportunity to shift focus to the support of non-profit agencies, churches and social causes.
What an amazing concept!
The time lapse between giving thanks at the Thanksgiving table to the rush of holiday shopping is so brief we almost forget that our gratitude gives way to advent, the celebration of Christmas. Celebrating the birth of Jesus, our savior and symbol of love and grace, only seems most appropriate by prioritizing the things that He did: the least, the last and the lost.
The need for food and shelter certainly increases this time of year, so what a perfect reminder to celebrate the life of Jesus as we all join together to provide warm meals and a roof over the heads of our less fortunate neighbors.
A few simple ways to celebrate #GivingTuesday:
1. Watch this video to see the lives that are being restored TODAY
2. Visit https://www.rescuemission.org/ to give a donation.
3. Register with AmazonSmile as you shop online to assign .5% of your spending to OCRM.
4. If you subscribe to the OC Register, designate your provided $50 donation to OCRM (see below).
5. Spread the word about the mission of OCRM through social media.
Thank you and happy #GivingTuesday