The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assist the needy and homeless of Orange County and some parts of the Inland Empire. The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager to oversee the daily operations of our very busy warehouse and warehouse staff, volunteers and program students. The Rescue Mission warehouse deals with a very high volume of incoming donations, the most qualified candidate for this position will have experience in inventory, tracking, and warehousing of donation items. This position will also oversee the Landscaping and Janitorial Supervisor and its department that is responsible for maintaining a clean and beautiful campus at the Village of Hope and other satellite locations.
- Schedules, receives all donor gifts, and processes all donor gift receipts and turns in to Accounting Department.
- Organizes all donations and coordinates sending gifts to proper location within the organization and outside partners.
- Coordinates and tracks all shipping and receiving requests, including relocation between offices and/or facilities that will include moving furniture, filing cabinets, desks, etc.
- Maintains warehouse inventory and turns in yearly report to Accounting Executives.
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse in an orderly fashion.
- Tracks and logs Warehouse Drivers deliveries and pickups.
- Trains and certifies qualified warehouse crewmembers on forklifts in compliance with OSHA regulations and maintains service and maintenance logs of forklifts and delivery truck.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior
- Supervises Transportation Supervisor and directs daily function.
- Supervises and directs the activities of students assigned to the warehouse crew including tracking and logging all student and volunteer hours.
- Performs monthly safety training for all staff in the warehouse.
- Oversees Landscaping and Janitorial Supervisor’s daily activities
- Works with Landscaping and Janitorial supervisor to correct any deficiencies noticed by any OCRM staff.
- Coordinates cleaning and landscaping offsite at any of OCRM or IERM satellite campuses.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times) and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of Warehouse Work experience, preferably a non-profit or church warehouse
- 1-2 year in a managerial position, preferably a Warehouse managerial position.
- Class B license and/or Certified Forklift is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehousing activities.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and follow through skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, resolve crises and critical decision-making.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of a variety of tools, parts, materials, and supplies used in maintenance, construction, and mechanical repair work.
- Proficiency in typing and basic computer software, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel);
- Excellent communication skills with staff, volunteers and visitors in verbal or written form.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Current Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To be considered for this position you must complete an OC Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the “apply here” link below to our go to our Online Employment Portal. You may obtain a PDF application to download and print on the main employment page or pick up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), through email or by fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.