In Southern California, there aren’t many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Volunteer Resource Coordinator to join the Development Department. This position will professionally and actively manage volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the organization’s programs and services. This includes directly managing volunteers and/or providing guidance, support, resources to staff who supervise volunteers.
Job Duties (duties are subject to change as needed by the department):
- Recruitment & Training and Monitoring Volunteers and Interns
- Develops and evaluates volunteer program.
- Develops recruiting strategies and implements changes to policies and procedures where appropriate to properly identify the talents, skills and desire to serve of anyone coming through our volunteer program, and ensuring that the volunteer has a positive experience and provided the proper support to contribute at the highest possible to the benefit of those the Mission serves.
- Actively recruits, trains and monitors volunteers for various opportunities while ensuring an appropriate match between volunteers and tasks.
- Facilitates volunteer orientations for all new volunteers to ensure RM policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to.
- Processes and maintains accurate volunteer documentation/records through utilization of computerized database management.
- Conducts volunteer screening program which creates and maintains a safe environment for volunteers, staff and students of RM.
- Updates current volunteer opportunities on the RM web site.
- Identifies and builds relationships with various organizations and corporations to assist in the recruitment of volunteers in an effort to support their charitable giving and community relations initiatives.
- Gathers feedback through evaluation from volunteers and staff with regard to effectiveness and relevancy of the volunteer program management.
- Converts volunteers into donors to enhance financial support of all RM facilities and programs
- Management & Measure
- Provides oversight to ensure that all telephone, email and voicemail inquiries from prospective volunteers are documented and responded to in a timely manner.
- Tracks and reports volunteer labor hours.
- Speaks at churches, schools, and businesses about RM volunteer opportunities and attends volunteer fairs when appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages volunteer events, either personally or through delegated volunteer leader, throughout all RM facilities.
- Resolves formal and informal volunteer or supervisor complaints or grievances.
- Collects and captures statistics related to volunteer recruitment, attrition and appreciation and donor conversion.
- Develops new and innovative ways to show appreciation to volunteers.
- Engages volunteers in fund-raising/donation opportunities by developing prospect tools and providing support for solicitation.
1. A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times) and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
2. Associates degree. Significant and directly related work experience in Volunteer Coordination, social sciences, human resources or community development may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
3. Supervisory experience over volunteers with the ability to hold individuals accountable for meeting goals and objectives.
4. Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
5. Knowledge and experience working with individuals in crisis while maintaining confidential information.
6. A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
7. Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
8. Excellent skills in communication (verbal and written), organizational and administrative duties.
9. Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm). Experience with Volgistics database/software is a plus.
10. Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
11. Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please follow the link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal to complete the employment application and statement of faith. To obtain a hard copy application in lieu of our online Employment Portal, please visit main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.