The Orange County rescue Mission is looking to hire a seasonal Summer Counselor/Bus Driver to assist the Summer to Remember youth summer program for our Village of Hope (VOH) youth resident population ages kindergarten through 8th grade along with transporting the children and small staff to local field trips in the afternoon. The Bus Driver position requires a class B California Drivers License with a passenger endorsement certificate.
This summer program runs May 23rd through August 12th between Monday thru Friday and the hours of 8am and 5pm. This seasonal position has two options of employment.
- Working full time, 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday in the dual role of Summer to Remember Counselor / Bus Driver as needed. This position will assist the Summer to Remember program throughout the entire day with Learning Camp in the morning portion of camp and the Field trip assistance in the afternoon. This position will have the additional responsibility of providing safe transportation in the VOH School Bus to and from preplanned offsite local field trips
- Working part time, 12:30 – 5pm Monday through Friday or On-Call as the Bus Driver only. This position will provide safe transportation in the small VOH School Bus to and from pre-planned local offsite field trips. Most field trips are planned for the afternoon hours between 1pm – 4pm.
Please specify your preference of work status (FT or PT) and availability in the application.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a Bible believing church and good working knowledge of the Bible, a completed and signed OC Rescue Mission employment application and Statement of Faith.
- Associates Degree preferred but a High School Diploma with 1 year work experience or training with elementary school aged children in a youth camp or afterschool day care, or ministry youth group setting.
- Minimum of 1 year driving passenger based transportation (Bus, Van etc.) with a California Department of Motor Vehicle Class B license with Passenger endorsement.
- Able to act, think promptly and professionally while maintaining confidentiality of the environment and population.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and flexible team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating all people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Dependable with regular and consistent timely attendance.
- Clearance for hire thru a background check and physical.
- California Drivers License in good standing for 5 or more years for organization based coverage through insurance carrier.
TO APPLY: Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal. Please try to use a non-mobile device, our employment application is not set up to accommodate for mobile online use. If you have problems or need assistance, please email [email protected] call 714-247-4369. You can download a hard copy application from our main employment web page (listed above) to complete by hand and return by email, by fax 714-566-6461, or in person at the receptionist desk at our main location : 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Jobs are open until filled.