The Tustin Temporary Emergency Shelter is looking to fill an upcoming employment vacancy for our Temporary Shelter Site Manager. This position will be responsible for the overall management and administration of Temporary Shelter facilities, staff, clients, volunteers and programs. Under the supervision of the Chief Ministry Officer, the Temporary Shelter Site Manager manages the orderly operation of the Temporary Shelter and is responsible for the delivery of shelter services to clients. This position works closely with vendors and community support services to support Temporary Shelter’s needs and the needs of our clients. Temporary Shelter is a 77-bed shelter for homeless adults and children – some of whom have substance abuse problems and/or mental illness – that seeks to provide the assistance clients need to regain their self-sufficiency. The Temporary Shelter Site Manager is responsible for assuring the security and cleanliness of the facility and safety of clients and property/building.
- Responsible for the management and administration of Temporary Shelter, clients, staff, volunteers and programs.
- Supervises the Lead Care Coordinator position and ensure all job duties are accurately completed.
- Provides final approval on schedules for staff and timesheets when processing biweekly payroll.
- Create opportunities to forge strategic partnerships with community providers, clientele and builds strategic partnerships with other
- Develop and implement outreach activities to local homeless encampments and the local agencies (government, police, and churches) that service homeless individuals within Tustin.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaine culture and support staff during organizational change and growth.
- Meets and communicates regularly with direct supervisor, other senior staff members, and relevant City officials regarding current program implementation, further program challenges, staff and facility updates, and budgetary issues.
- Ensure effective hiring and supervisory practices that encourage staff to improve performance, build cross functionality, and identify and build leaders.
- Oversees intakes of new shelter clients as well as an orientation of the shelter program.
- Develops and updates all processes, rules, policies, and procedures for clients and staff, keeping appropriate records and training staff as needed.
- Oversees the management of the local database and HMIS by TTES Housing Navigator.
- Oversees the work of the Care Coordinator with assisting clients with finding housing and/or services.
- Manage meal distribution and clean-up, and delegate duties to staff and contractors to keep facility clean and client meals delivered.
- Review and spot check inspections and headcounts conducted by staff and contractors.
- Trains staff to operate phones and handle calls; following set protocol for directing calls and taking messages.
- Oversees supply chain in order to maintain adequate, labeled supplies of clean linens, clothing, cleaning supplies, and personal care products for the facility.
- Ensures staff are keeping up with laundering of linens and guest clothing.
- Oversees the supplies and distribution of towels, blankets, hygiene products, etc.
- Conducts periodic walk-through tours with Lead Care Coordinator to identify needed repairs and maintenance.
- Serves as point person for community leaders, vendors, management and third-party vendors.
- Responds to emergency situations, e.g., accidents, fire, police, etc. and reports incidents immediately.
- Monitor and review camera footage to maintain site safety and security.
- Enforces rules according to internal policies.
- Manages any concerns that arise, acting appropriately to resolve problems.
- Responds to the needs of clients, staff, affiliates, community members and management team.
- Develops and updates staff trainings, and coordinates/facilitates all meetings.
- Manages daily, monthly, and yearly data tracking and reporting to senior staff and the City of Tustin.
- Complete special projects as requested by direct supervisor or other senior staff members.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field or the equivalent education and work experience.
- Experience supervising staff and managing the work of others.
- Knowledgeable, experienced and committed to housing and homeless issues is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in an independent manner, able to meet deadlines and complete all work in a timely manner (within required deadlines).
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and/or weekends if needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.); excellent database skills
- Proven ability to conduct all interactions with all constituents in a highly ethical manner demonstrating high level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate judgment with tact and diplomacy both under normal and stressful situations. Must be able to maintain appropriate composure when faced with escalated situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful and effective relationships with Temporary Shelter constituents. Includes ability to successfully work collaboratively and or independently.
- Demonstrated solutions based approach to problem solving in an effective, efficient and timely manner. Ability to be creative and show initiative.
- Ability to follow policies and organize work to Temporary Shelter policies, procedures and best practices which include any related federal, state, or local agency requirement.
- Knowledge of homeless resources to assist in housing and other related issues.
To Apply: please use the link below “APPLY HERE” to go to our online employment portal to complete the online employment application. Please direct any questions regarding this position to the Orange County Rescue Mission Human Resources Office at 714-247-4307. This position is open until filled.