In Southern California, there aren’t many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Senior Grants Manager to join the Development team located in Tustin, CA. The Senior Grants Manager reports to the Director of Development and secures funding through foundation, government, and corporate grants by exploring sources, evaluating potential opportunities, building relationships, and attending key corporate and foundation events.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Supports the Director of Development in building relationships with community, non-profits, corporations, individuals and funders in order to engage them in a funding partnership with the Rescue Mission.
- Assists in maintaining consistent best practice grant writing and reporting techniques focused on delivering accurate program data to funders and donors.
- Supports the development, and maintenance of open communication with grantors and partners, in order to foster strong relationships and increase funding.
- Researches prospective funding sources and seeks grants according to foundation/donor guidelines.
- Creates and sends out thank you letters and donor recognition letters/notices on a timely basis as allowed by grant deadlines for all foundation gifts received including packaging and mailing to “Foundation of the Month” (F.O.M.) and manage grant writing team in doing the same.
- Supports Corporate Communications Program including press/media and foundation requests which may include maintaining and updating OCRM-related social media content and outlets as it relates to funding and development efforts along with printing of the e-news article for shipping to the F.O.M.
- Manage and host foundation site visits for programs of Village of Hope, as well as OCRM’s other programs and facilities include assistance with Donor Appreciation projects and assisting with tours and providing handouts.
- Prompts Director of Development and President to make personal calls and/or send notes of appreciation.
- Interacts with funders at local conferences and workshops to develop and sustain direct funder relationships.
- Maintains paper and electronic filing system to ensure timely and accurate records of all activity including filing of foundation documents to folders in development filing system.
- Manages and tracks solicited/pending/closed status of grants and proposals, progress reports for funding grantors, grants and proposals to be submitted, prospective foundations and documents all activity and correspondence within grant tracking software (SalesForce) for self and grant writing team.
- Internet and personal networking research on new corporate/foundation prospects including Foundation Search for key foundation info and general web search on Foundation name, board of directors, giving history, etc.
- Creation and management of early proposal drafts, using template materials for grant writing and tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Chief Relations Officer or President.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- Rescue Mission employment application, a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith, a personal relationship with Jesus and good working knowledge of the Bible.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, finance, accounting, and/or business or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 year of successful grant writing experience. An equivalency may be considered in lieu of the education requirement with more related work experience, please ask.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Effectively articulate a case for support so that others take heart to our vision/mission/goals securing gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft software along with database entry, reporting, and maintenance. ASP/web-based software solutions (Salesforce, ClientTrack) is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to work occasional non-traditional hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to address and quickly problem solve with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please follow the link “Apply Here” to our online employment portal to complete the application.
You may also obtain a hard copy application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.