In Southern California, there are not many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior Donor Relations Manager to join the Development team. This position will also assist in research and developing new growth opportunities as well as solicit, cultivate, and builds donor relationships based on major gift strategy. In addition, this position will assist in leading projects where directed by development management and assist the implementation of the comprehensive strategic plan for assigned fundraising campaigns or core events.
- A completed Orange County Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- A personal relationship with Jesus and member of a Bible believing church.
- Bachelor’s degree in business development, public relations or communications along with 5 or more years of successful working experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in a ministry or non-profit setting. A Master’s Degree in Non-Profit Management or Strategic Business Development is preferred but not required.
- Three years or more of successful development management experience.
- Successful experience developing new donor cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building and solidifying donor relationships.
- Knowledge of current tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Effectively articulate a case for support so that others take heart to our vision/mission/goals securing gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and growing marketing trend opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft software along with database entry, reporting, and maintenance. Salesforce is strongly preferred but not required if there is experience in other related database work.
- Demonstrated leadership coupled with a “detailed approach” to administration and organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Willingness to work occasional non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends when needed for projects, events and last minute urgent needs.
- Ability to address and quickly problem solve with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- This position is considered an “essential job” as the OC Rescue Mission is considered an “essential employer” and requires consistent work onsite at the main location in the event of a community emergency and/or natural disaster.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To officially apply for this position with the required Orange County Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith, please take the link below “Apply Here” to our employment portal.
You may also obtain a hard copy application on our main employment page and at the front desk of our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or by fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.