The Orange County Rescue Mission is looking to fill a full time vacancy for the Senior Accounting Clerk position at our main location. This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations of the Accounting Department. This position will work with many of the Accounts Payable functions for the medical entity associated with the OC Rescue Mission called the HURTT Family Health Clinic.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Ensure that all incoming invoices have the proper back-up paperwork and approvals.
- Track grant expenditures in Great Plains.
- Organize and scan all health center checks and EOB’s and send them to the bank and the billing company.
- Track Managed Care payments and verify entry into eClinicalWorks.
- Review unpaid claims and work with the medical biller to collect funds for the Clinic.
- Collect cash receipts from the clinics and reconcile to the Electronic Medical Records system.
- Assist the accounting department in other special projects, as necessary.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, a completed and signed OC Rescue Mission employment application and acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school with 3-5 years of related accounting work experience and/or training. An education equivalency may be requested with more specific past work experience.
- Medical or Dental Clinic accounts payable or billing clerk work experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent accuracy ability in preparing and entering financial information.
- Excellent attention to detail for spotting unusual items.
- Ability to learn new accounting processes quickly.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent experience in database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- A pleasant professional personality when speaking on the telephone, with visitors and company personnel.
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times).
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work with a team to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) with basic typing skills (40 wpm) and 10-key by touch.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Ability to continue regularly scheduled job duties during community crisis and/or emergency disasters (within official guidelines). OCRM is considered an Essential Employer under the social services/care giver label.
To apply for this position you must complete an Orange County Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the application link to the OC Rescue Mission Employment website to find the appropriate job link www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may also obtain a hard copy application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications via fax (714)566-6461, via email, in person to our front desk or by mail (attention Human Resources) . Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.
To APPLY: All applicants must complete an Orange County Rescue Mission employment application and a Statement of Faith, please take the “APPLY HERE” link at the bottom of the page. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.