The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Christian Faith based non-profit organization that assists the Orange County and Inland Empire’s low income community. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill a full time vacancy for the Senior Accounting Clerk position at our main location in Tustin, CA. This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations of the Accounting Department. This position will work with many facets of the Accounting Department but mainly focusing on the Accounts Payable functions for the medical entity associated with the OC Rescue Mission called HURTT Family Health Clinic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Once approved in eRequester, verify and post invoices into Great Plains (obtain approvals as needed)
- Maintain updated vendor information and W-9’s on file.
- Prepare weekly check run for Hurtt (copy checks, get signatures, mail and file)
- Prepare manual payroll checks and one-off checks as needed.
- Collect cash receipts from each location weekly, reconcile to the EMR system and address any discrepancies with appropriate personnel.
- Make cash deposits to Sunwest Bank weekly and get change for petty cash funds as needed.
- Track regular and Capitation payments, update Capitation schedule and verify/post payment entry into eClinicalWorks.
- Organize and scan all payments to the health center and EOB’s and send them to the bank and the billing company.
- Deposit checks into Sunwest via remote scanner (2-3 times per week)
- Prepare and enter Journal Entries at month-end.
- Enter bank transactions and reconcile multiple bank statements.
- Prepare and send invoices related to any grants or services.
- Identify coding for each check received and enter into Great Plains.
- Assist with one off requests and adhoc projects as needed.
- Enter credit card purchases into Great Plains, verify receipts and enter payments.
- Prepare Hurtt’s annual Form 1099’s.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as an accounts payable or billing clerk in a medical or dental clinic is preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and or entering financial information.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A pleasant professional personality when speaking on the telephone, with visitors and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work with a team to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with program members in basic training opportunities when necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) with basic typing skills (40 wpm) and 10-key by touch. Microsoft Dynamics and or Great Plains Accounting software is preferred.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Timely regular attendance.
- The Orange County Rescue Mission is considered an “Essential Employer” during community crisis/disasters/emergencies, therefor this employment is considered “essential” and you will be expected to show up and perform your essential job duties as designated by the organization.
To apply for this position you must complete an Orange County Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the application link to the OC Rescue Mission Employment website to find the appropriate job link www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may also obtain a hard copy application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications via fax (714)566-6461, via email, in person to our front desk or by mail (attention Human Resources) . Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.