The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and underserved of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire a Seasonal Account Clerk (Full-time and Part-time 30 – 40 hrs per week). Seasonal Account Clerk staff are hired annually during the holiday season to assist the accounting department during our busiest time of the year processing all donations and the mail ensuring efficient and accurate accounting.
Job Duties (more may be assigned):
- Processes mail (including sorting, coding, and batching) as needed.
- Enter donations into accounting database.
- Process credit card donations and EFT donations.
- Help AR Coordinator with donor receipts.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workspace.
- Assists with accounting special projects, as necessary.
- A personal relationship with Jesus and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a signed employment application.
- A. Degree in Business or Accounting with minimum of 6 months accounting data entry work experience is strongly preferred. A High School diploma will be accepted with more related work experience in Accounts Receivable and/or data entry.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization and administrative skills.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to operate 10-key adding machine by touch.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Acceptable Driving Record (less than 2 points in order to be added to organization car insurance)
- Ability to lift 20lbs for occasional boxes of files, supplies and materials.
- Flexibility in working hours depending on the department needs. Please specify the days/hours that you are available to work.
All applicants must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and a Statement of Faith to be officially considered. Please take the link below “Apply Here” to go to our online employment portal to complete the OC Rescue Mission employment applications and statement of Faith. A PDF version of the application is on the main employment page. Please submit any hard copy applications to the main front desk. Make sure that the job title(s) you are applying for are listed on the application.