The Orange County Rescue Mission is searching for our annual seasonal work force to support our Accounting department from during the holiday season between October 1st through the end of the year. These additional temporary staff are vital to our Accounting department during our busiest time of the year to assist in processing accounting mail and donations from our amazing OC Rescue Mission donors efficiently and accurately. This full time seasonal staff is scheduled to work onsite, Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm.
Job Duties (more may be assigned):
- Process accounting mail (including sorting, coding, and batching) as needed.
- Add up total donation batches using the 10-key calculator by hand.
- Enter donations into accounting database.
- Process credit card donations and EFT donations.
- Help Accounts Receivable Coordinator with donor receipts.
- Assists with accounting special projects, as necessary.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, working knowledge of the Bible, and a completed & signed OC Rescue Mission employment application and Statement of Faith.
- More than 6 months of successful relatable Accounting work experience, especially the ability to operate a 10-key calculator-adding machine by touch.
- AA Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance is preferred but will consider an education equivalency for candidates with a H.S. diploma and more than 1 year of Accounting work experience, please ask HR.
- Experience with database entry, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level.
- Willing to work in the Accounting office room with other OCRM Staff, volunteers, and program students receiving job skills training.
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms (verbal, written, and digital)
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, dependable, flexible, and a positive attitude.
- Acceptable Driving Record with less than 2 points (according to the Company Insurance carriers) to occasionally assist with bank deposits if needed.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods of time to process mail and occasionally lift mail/accounting supply boxes weighing up to 20lbs .
An Orange County Rescue Mission employment application is required by all candidates in consideration for employment. Please go take the link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal. Please use a computer with your initial employment portal application to avoid complications. Candidates may download the PDF application on our main employment page as an alternative but the portal is the preferred method of applying. Any hard copy application should be submitted to the HR Department at OC Rescue Mission address by mail or in person: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782, or by our secure fax (714) 566-6461. This position is open until filled.