The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Scheduler position. This position is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of weekly staff schedules, in addition to monthly mobile events in collaboration with the Clinic Manager and Clinic Administrator. This position is responsible for managing the organization’s master outreach and mobile event calendar, entering in the computer on a daily basis the clinical and support staff schedules in a timely and accurate manner, updating schedules to accommodate for daily changes, and professionally communicating to staff and community partners’ pertinent information to assure accurate staff scheduling and other administrative support duties as assigned.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
Mobile Coordination & Community Outreach – 40%
- Communicate with community partners on an ongoing basis and manage annual master outreach calendar
- Ensure master outreach calendar is managed with integrity with weekly database checks; create and maintain calendar updates and distribute permanent event information as needed
- Develop, maintain, and cultivate new and existing mobile program sites
- Coordinate mobile event and outreach schedule with each outreach site, on an ongoing, monthly basis
- Submit all necessary Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) documentation, and coordinating all Certificates of Insurance (COI) for each mobile partnership on an annual basis
- Conduct ongoing inventory of any necessary outreach and mobile supplies, creating and purchasing any marketing materials, and organizing materials as directed by the Clinic Administrator
- Conduct annual onsite (re)training for all outreach and mobile site staff
- Ensure the program model is adopted and carried out by staff by conducting ongoing annual mobile and outreach event audits
- Provide ongoing support to program partners via email and phone calls
- Ensure partner compliance with program rules and regulations via site visits and annual audits
- Complete monthly outreach calendars and submit calendars for review to the Clinic Administrator
Staff Scheduling – 40%
- Maintains scheduling and organizing of staff shifts for the following departments: Medical Assistants, Dental Assistants, Call Center, Referrals, Patient Services
- Uses scheduling system accurately to maintain master schedule and work schedules for assigned departments; projects schedules at a minimum of two weeks in the future
- ADP Timekeeper: Assists with time-off requests, sick time requests, vacation requests, ensures times cards are coded accurately, makes sure staff are not exceeding 5-hour lunch rule (PLA); monitors overtime and reports any instances to Clinic Administrator and Manager; Performs timecard edits/updates and runs appropriate time and attendance reports
- Tracks employee overall attendance and brings instances of excess absenteeism to attention of the Clinic Manager
- Tracks staff that are on leave (Maternity, FMLA, etc.) and what their anticipated return date is
- Responsible for participating in the assessment of staffing needs, adjusting staffing as required, and calling in replacement personnel at the discretion of the Clinic Manager
- Performs other miscellaneous office duties and services as needed
- Print and prepare monthly Board Meeting packages and coordinate meeting preparation process (arrange for room reservations, catering request, and conference calls)
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Associate’s Degree is preferred with a minimum of 1 year of administrative experience in scheduling and staffing in a healthcare environment is preferred. An equivalency may be made for the education requirement with more working experience in Healthcare administration or other related work.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) including the ability to utilize electronic medical records database and reporting functions.
- Experience with scheduling software and professional event management a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to professionally communicate with multiple departments and community partners.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, ability to critically problem-solve quickly and autonomously.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Demonstrated “detail approach” to all administrative and organizational duties.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to project a professional image with compassionate behavior, i.e., treating all people (patients, visitors, company personnel) in person and on the phone with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Some local travel is required.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record.)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position YOU MUST COMPLETE AND APPLICATION. You may also pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application through our website, emailed to [email protected] or fax to (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!