In Southern California, there are not many opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced an experienced Safety and Security Assistant to fill a full time vacancy. This position supports the Safety and Security Supervisor in all activities related to global safety and security, including planning, organizing and implementing safety and security programs in compliance with state, federal, safety, health and fire codes within the Rescue Mission and all of its entities and locations.
1. A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible and a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application with the signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
2. Associates degree with a minimum of 3 years working in Safety and Security. A combination of more related work experience in related field and a high school diploma to make an education equivalency may be considered.
3. Knowledge of basic safety, security and de-escalation practices.
4. Knowledge of technical and digital security systems and equipment.
5. Knowledge of basic safety and security practices.
6. Knowledge of basic OSHA safety and security laws and policies.
7. Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results and meet deadlines given.
8. A pleasant personality with Christ-centered behavior (i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times) to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
9. Knowledge and experience working with individuals in crisis with the ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
10. The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
11. Good verbal and written communication skills.
12. Good organizational and administrative skills.
13. Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work as a member of a team.
14. Hands-on PC compatible computer knowledge with proficiency in typing, Microsoft Office Windows programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
15. Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
16. Be available for occasional paid after hours or weekend on-call support.
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please follow this link below “Apply Here” to our online employment portal to complete the application. To obtain a hard copy application in lieu of our online Employment Portal, please visit main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.