The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to perform a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients for the Hurtt Family Health Clinic facilities. This position reports to the Clinic Director and/or Nursing Director in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Consistently follows Policies and Procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Keeps clinic in compliance with Title-22, Cal-Optima, VFC program, CalOptima
- Provides supervision of Medical Assistants and other department members.
- Provides clinic oversight in the absence of the Clinic Director/Manager.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary care team and support services, including Physicians, Medical Assistants, and others.
- Managing Clinic Flow
- Triaging patients
- Case Management of Critical patients utilizing “Population Management Reports”
- Explain lab results, Diagnostic Imaging, other diagnostic test results to patients.
- Orders supplies to ensure Clinic is fully stocked.
- Manage and order Vaccines from “Vaccine for Children’s Program”.
- Performs nursing tasks, demonstrating Clinical Competency.
- Supports Provider productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a California Accredited Registered Nurse program.
- California State Board RN License required with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in an ambulatory care setting. Work experience in a community clinic is preferred.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary care team.
- A strong desire to serve and work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Effective training and coaching skills; ability to drive results and achieve objectives through others.
- Knowledge of child, adolescent, and adult health care issues.
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, clinic-based nursing tasks.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of EMR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred but not required)
- Basic typing (40 wpm) and computer literacy ability to comply with department needs and expectations (i.e., electronic medical record documentation, obtaining background information and reports on patients, following up on appts, Outlook email etc). Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs such as (Word, Excel, Explorer) is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate a “detailed-approach” to administration and organization with the ability to pro-actively problem solve.
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2DMV points on driving record).
- Regular timely attendance and flexible to work occasional long hours and weekends if necessary,
- The ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment and maintain patient confidentiality.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position you must complete a HFHC application. Please find the “apply here” link on this page to apply directly though our new employment portal. If you would like to fill out a hard copy application, please go to our main employment page to download the application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), fax (714)566-6461 or hand delivered to our front desk. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!