The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Referral Coordinator position. This position Provide eligibility and intake support services to ensure continued health care coverage and health access to children and adults at the Orange County Rescue Mission.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Provide customer service for patients, providers and facility staff. Respond to inquiries regarding insurance coverage, outside providers, claim issues, disability, appeals and general information about Hurtt Family Health Clinic.
- Work in conjunction with all other departments to educate patient, physicians and staff in different insurance protocols and benefits.
- Responsible for verifying eligibility and benefits information and enrolling patients into the Hurtt Clinic system.
- Responsible for processing referrals correctly and in a timely manner.
- Appropriate document referral status into patient’s electronic record.
- Processes all Review status referrals and Home Health
- All referral coordinators will be responsible to have a working knowledge of Komen grant protocol, education, tracking, and billing.
- Performs other related duties requested by Director or Manager.
- Represents Hurtt family health clinic in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
The Referral Coordinator requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate’s Degree or certificate in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with HMO’s/Managed Care. Should have ability to read and interpret health plan benefit manuals and CPT and ICD information. Knowledge of Utilization operations and prior medical office experience required.
- Demonstrated “detail approach” to all administrative and organizational duties with the ability to take initiative to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Compassionate behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking with over the telephone, visitors and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private pertinent information for effective treatment and all while having the ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) including the ability to utilize electronic medical records database and reporting functions.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, confidentiality, and flexibility within all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. . Must have good listening skills, and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English both one-on-one, and in a group setting. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology and regulatory agencies such as federal, state, CMS (fka HCFA), DMHC, and NCQA
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record.)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please find the job application link on our website to complete the application. Return the application to Human Resources. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email firstname.lastname@example.org, in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.