The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking for a Psychiatrist to provide behavioral health treatment and medication management for clinic patients. The Psychiatrist provides direct and indirect clinical supervision of treatment plans and medications initiated by LCSWs, mid-level providers and Physicians. The Psychiatrist also participates in the supervision, training and development of interns, as assigned by management.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide therapy and behavioral health treatment for patients referred by the clinic provider staff.
- Provides support on complex medical care issues integrated with behavioral health
- Support employed and volunteer clinical provider staff with establishing treatment plans and medication management, including Physicians, mid-level providers, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists in a manner consistent with the State of California Laws and Regulations. This includes appropriate chart review, when required, while maintaining supervisory accessibility. Document chart reviews.
- Provides on-going training for employed mid-level providers to increase their effectiveness and base of knowledge regarding medication management for patients
- Maintains Physician License, and DEA License, NPI Number: submitting proof annually.
- Identifies Quality Assurance issues and works with Clinic stakeholders to make corrective actions and necessary improvements including but not limited to directing quality improvement activities and serving as a Member of the Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance Committee.
- Required to maintain a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends, mobile outreach clinics and promotional or educational events.
- Works with Pharmacist to develop the formulary and any updates or revisions to the Protocols, Policies, and Procedures.
- Reports and responds to complaints regarding clinical or behavioral health care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional manner in coordination with staff.
- Participates in the formulation of policies and procedures on all aspects of clinical care.
- Assures that the Hurtt Clinic is in compliance with all federal and state requirements, in conjunction with the CHHP Project Director.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Successful completion from an accredited Psychiatrist residency program.
- Completion of Psychiatrist and Medical Doctor Program clinical/residency requirements.
- Current California Physician, DEA and NPI licenses.
- Admitting privileges at various Orange County hospitals.
- Three to five years’ experiences in similar community care positions.
- A strong desire to serve and work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish with medical terminology in a health care environment.
- Diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health problems commonly experienced by homeless persons/underinsured.
- Psychosocial factors involved in administering behavioral health service for homeless patients.
- Principles of patient education with patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to maintain a small caseload as LCSW duties.
- A pleasant, professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Demonstrated promptness, self-motivation and flexibility within all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.)
- Working knowledge of EMR platforms, (eClinical Works preferred but not required)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to travel locally on/at the Mobile Clinic sites.
- Must have a valid California drivers’ license and acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2DMV points on driving record).
- Effective training and coaching skills; ability to drive results and achieve objectives through others.
- Demonstrate a “detailed-approach” to administration and organization with the ability to pro-actively problem solve.
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Regular timely attendance and flexible to work occasional long hours and weekends if necessary.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position you must complete a HFHC application. Please find the “apply here” link below on this page to apply directly though our new employment portal. If you would like to fill out a hard copy application, please go to our main employment page to download the application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), fax (714)566-6461 or hand delivered to our front desk. This position is open until filled.