The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a Licensed Psychiatrist vacancy. This position will provide support on complex medical care issues integrated with behavioral health, treatment and medication management for clinic patients. This position will also provide direct and indirect clinical supervision of treatment plans and medications initiated by LCSWs, mid-level providers and Physicians.
Job Responsibilities & Duties (subject to change with need of the department)
- Provide therapy and behavioral health treatment for patients referred by the clinic provider staff.
- Support employed and volunteer clinical provider staff with establishing treatment plans and medication management, including Physicians, mid-level providers, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists in a manner consistent with the State of California Laws and Regulations. This includes appropriate chart review, when required, while maintaining supervisory accessibility. Chart reviews to be documented.
- Provides on-going training for employed mid-level providers to increase their effectiveness and base of knowledge regarding medication management for patients
- Participate in the supervision, training and development of interns, as assigned.
- Maintains Physician License, and DEA License, NPI Number: submitting proof annually.
- Identifies Quality Assurance issues and works with Clinic stakeholders to make corrective actions and necessary improvements including but not limited to directing quality improvement activities and serving as a Member of the Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance Committee.
- Required to maintain a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, mobile outreach clinics and promotional or educational events.
- Works with Pharmacist to develop the formulary and any updates or revisions to the Protocols, Policies, and Procedures.
- Reports and responds to complaints regarding clinical or behavioral health care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional manner in coordination with staff.
- Participates in the formulation of policies and procedures on all aspects of clinical care.
- Assures that the Hurtt Clinic is in compliance with all federal and state requirements, in conjunction with the CHHP Project Director.
- Travels to local Mobile Clinic sites when needed.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
Job Skills & Requirements
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Successful completion of an accredited Psychiatrist residency program.
- Completion of Psychiatrist and Medical Doctor Program clinical/residency requirements.
- Current California Physician license.
- Current and active DEA license.
- NPI number.
- Admitting privileges at various Orange County hospitals.
- 3-5 years of directly-related work experience with knowledge of the principles of patient education.
- Bilingual (preferably in Spanish)
- Experience with psychosocial factors involved in administering behavioral health service for homeless patients.
- Must be familiar with working in a community health setting and working effectively with diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health problems commonly experienced by homeless persons/underinsured.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and flexibility within all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Ability to travel to: Mobile Clinic sites. Must have a valid California drivers’ license and acceptable driving record.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply for this position you must complete an application. Please find the “apply here” link on this page to apply directly though our new employment portal. If you would like to fill out a hard copy application, please go to our main employment page to download the application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your hard copy application by mail (attention Human Resources), fax (714)566-6461 or hand delivered to our front desk. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!