The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a Community Health Clinic Organization is a Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC) and provides healthcare to the neediest of our Orange County, CA community members. The HFHC is looking to add a Psychiatric Physician’s Assistant to our growing organization. This position provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, under direction of Physician, by performing the following duties.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses cases with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Completes all required billing and coding documentation not later than 48 hours after encounter.
- Responsible for development and expansion of pediatric patient program to achieve grant objectives.
- Responsible for immunization program management and compliance.
- Performs routine health care within area of specialty using standardized procedures under the supervision agreement of the Physician
- Rotate between Mobile Clinic and Hurtt Clinic if needed.
*All listed position duties / responsibilities may be adjusted, removed, or added to at the discretion of the HFHC management regarding the needs of the clinic to ensure highest level of care and safety for our patients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree and completion of an Accredited Physician’s Assistant Program
- License/Certification(s): *Active and in good standing at time of hire.
- California Licensed Physician Assistant (PA) license (active/good standing).
- Basic Life Saving certification (active/good standing)
- DEA Certification for Suboxone is strongly preferred but not required. Please ask.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 4 years as a Physician Assistant (P.A.) and a minimum 2 years as a Psychiatric P.A. in a Behavioral Health or Psychiatric clinical environment required. Clinical Case Management experience is preferred.
- Language: Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish including medical terminology is preferred but not required.
- Ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, visitors, government agencies and the general public.
- Knowledgeable regarding nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to community health.
- Must be able to work with patients with disabilities, behavioral health issues, and at times hostile patients within the clinics.
- Ability to demonstrate effective decision-making by assessing situations accurately, sharing fact-based information, communicating professional opinions clearly and inquiring actively.
- Ability to work autonomously, taking initiative and problem-solving within the scope of a PA license.
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge and understand the psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for underserved community and homeless patients.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and socio-economic environment with the ability to treat all with dignity, compassion and respect at all times.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to provide the basic principles of patient education.
- Ability to foster a safe and confidential environment where people (patients) feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration, organization and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and in written form to patients, coworkers, management, volunteers and visitors in a professional and positive manner.
- Educated on current state laws and regulations regarding community clinic patient care.
- Maintain required licensing and current CME requirements in a timely manner and continuously work on professional development in area of expertise.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information regarding organization and patient information as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and prompt when working in the team environment and have the ability to work effectively on individual projects when needed.
- Uphold professional integrity as a representative of the of the HURTT Family Health Clinic organization at all times.
- Basic computer knowledge, understanding and skill in Microsoft Office Software programs such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Basic Electronic Health/Medical Records (EHR/EMR) database system knowledge (knowledge and skill of eClinical is preferred but not required)
- Regular timely attendance.
- This position and employment is considered “Essential Employment” and will be expected to continue job duties with flexibility for the HURTT Family Healthcare Clinic during a community crisis, disaster or emergency.
- A valid California drivers’ license and acceptable driving record (organization Insurance Coverage requires no more than 2points on MVR)
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the low income and homeless community members of Orange County, CA. To officially apply for this position, please go to the HURTT Clinic Employment Portal by taking the link below “APPLY HERE” to complete a HURTT Clinic employment application. Please use a computer as mobile devices seem to have problems when applying. You may also request and submit an application be emailed to you or you may pick up an application to complete at our main HR office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by email, fax (714)566-6461or regular mail (attention Human Resources). This position is open until filled.