The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith Based nonprofit organization that seeks to fill an upcoming Payroll Specialist vacancy. This is a full time position and will manage all aspects of payroll for the Orange County Rescue Mission and HURTT Family Health Clinic employees. This position will also assist the accounting department in small projects when not processing payroll duties. The best candidate for this position requires a positive attitude with excellent customer service skills, solid knowledge and experience working with HRIS/Payroll software systems (preferably Kronos based), current employment tax and labor laws, ability to prepare various data reports for auditing purposes.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Enter all payroll related changes and update the payroll system as necessary.
- Create the payroll processing schedule to ensure timely processing and payment of wages to employees
- Develop and facilitate staff training on review/process of employee time off requests and time-sheets.
- Create, edit and update all payroll reports as needed , or as requested by the HR Director
- Prepare to process payroll by reviewing changes, current/previous timesheets and any other
- Process time cards and time and attendance system to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll
- Calculate, setup and maintain garnishments and other mandatory and voluntary deductions from employee’s wages
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefit deductions, time off accrual, etc…
- Reconcile health insurance and all other benefit plans to monthly statements
- Review federal, state and local tax reports filed on behalf of the company by third-party payroll service provider
- Reconcile periodic Workers’ Comp and manage annual Workers’ Comp audit PR-Reconcile and distribute annual W2’s
- Also assist when needed in day to day Accounting department duties.
This position requires a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application and a signed statement of Faith, an Associate’s degree with at least 2 years hands on successful payroll processing (Kronos software is strongly preferred) work experience for multiple entities simultaneously. An education equivalency may be requested for a high school diploma with more related hands on specific work experience. The best person for this position will be extremely detail and organized, proactively plan in advance for all types of payroll related changes, excellent verbal and customer service skills with the ability to problem solve quickly. Some Human Resources/Accounting experience is preferred but is not required to in order carry out personnel related issues or accounting tasks independently.
This position is open until filled. Pay rate is dependent upon previous related work experience. You may obtain an application through our website or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.