The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith Based nonprofit organization that serves the neediest of members of our community in times of crisis by providing basic needs through housing; Faith based counseling, and job skills training to ensure they have self-sufficiency when they graduate our program. The Rescue Mission is currently seeking to quickly fill an upcoming full time Payroll Specialist vacancy.
This position will be the timekeeping and payroll systems expert along with processing the biweekly payroll for the Orange County Rescue Mission (OCRM) along with several additional entities that we share services. This position will also assist the accounting department with small projects during non-payroll processing weeks. The best person for this position will have solid knowledge of California payroll and tax laws, experience running multi-company payroll processing simultaneously with a high level of detail and accuracy, is highly organized, is proactive in planning or problem solving, has excellent communication and customer service skills. Paycore HRIS/Payroll systems and some accounting experience is highly desired but not required.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Enter all payroll related changes and update the payroll system as necessary.
- Create the payroll processing schedule to ensure timely processing and payment of wages to employees
- Develop and facilitate staff training on review/process of employee time off requests and time-sheets.
- Create, edit and update all payroll reports as needed , or as requested by the HR Director
- Prepare to process payroll by reviewing changes, current/previous timesheets and any other
- Process time cards and time and attendance system to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll
- Calculate, setup and maintain garnishments and other mandatory and voluntary deductions from employee’s wages
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefit deductions, time off accrual, etc…
- Reconcile health insurance and all other benefit plans to monthly statements
- Review federal, state and local tax reports filed on behalf of the company by third-party payroll service provider
- Reconcile periodic Workers’ Comp and manage annual Workers’ Comp audit PR-Reconcile and distribute annual W2’s
- Also assist when needed in day to day Human Resources related work such as employee relations, benefits, compensation tracking and recordkeeping, recruitment statistics and staffing logistics.
The minimum qualifications to be considered for this position are a completed & signed OC Rescue Mission employment application and statement of Faith (online portal or hard copy), a Bachelor’s degree* in business/accounting/related field, 3-5 yrs. of successful hands-on payroll processing for multiple entities, strong Math abilities, solid understanding of wage & tax laws, high attention to detail and organization. *An education equivalency may be accepted with more specific related work experience requested for a high school diploma with more related hands on specific work experience.
This position is open until filled. Pay rate is dependent upon experience and will be discussed upon passing the application screening. All applicants are required to complete and sign the OC Rescue Mission Employment application and statement of Faith found in our employment portal. Take the link APPLY HERE at the bottom of the job description to find the online employment portal or pick up a hard copy application at our front desk, 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Hard copy applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Department in a sealed envelope if mailed or dropped off. We also accept hard copy applications through email (please ask) or via fax (714)566-6461.