The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith Based nonprofit organization that seeks to fill the open Payroll Specialist position. This position will be needed a minimum of 29 hours a week. This position will manage all aspects of payroll for the Orange County Rescue Mission, Inland Empire Rescue Mission and HURTT Family Health Clinic employees. The best candidate for this position requires a solid knowledge and experience working with HRIS/Payroll software systems, current tax and labor laws, preparing various data reports for auditing purposes
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Enter all payroll related changes and update the payroll system as necessary.
- Create the payroll processing schedule to ensure timely processing and payment of wages to employees
- Develop and facilitate staff training on review/process of employee time off requests and time-sheets.
- Create, edit and update all payroll reports as needed , or as requested by the HR Director
- Prepare to process payroll by reviewing changes, current/previous timesheets and any other
- Process time cards and time and attendance system to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll
- Calculate, setup and maintain garnishments and other mandatory and voluntary deductions from employee’s wages
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefit deductions, time off accrual, etc…
- Reconcile health insurance and all other benefit plans to monthly statements
- Review federal, state and local tax reports filed on behalf of the company by third-party payroll service provider
- Reconcile periodic Workers’ Comp and manage annual Workers’ Comp audit PR-Reconcile and distribute annual W2’s
- Also assist when needed in day to day Human Resources related work such as employee relations, benefits, compensation tracking and recordkeeping, recruitment statistics and staffing logistics.
This position requires a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application and a signed statement of Faith. This position also requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 2 years Payroll processing (Kronos software is strongly preferred) experience for multiple entities, current knowledge of tax law and report writing abilities. An equivalency may be requested for the education requirement with more related specific work experience. This position must be extremely detail and organized, proactively plan in advance for all types of payroll related changes, excellent verbal and customer service skills with the ability to problem solve quickly. Some Human Resources experience is preferred to in order carry out personnel related issues independently and facilitate certain employee related programs with the level of confidentiality needed in HR.
This position is open until filled. Pay rate is dependent upon previous related work experience. You may obtain an application through our website or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.