The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith Based nonprofit organization that seeks to fill the open Payroll Specialist position. This temporary part time position will be needed a minimum of 3 days a week working 8am-5pm. The best candidate for this position will need to have flexibility to rearrange working days if payroll processing days are different than originally scheduled days. This position will need to have excellent experience working with Kronos HRIS software platform to manage all aspects of payroll for the Rescue Mission and its entities.
- Enter all payroll related changes and update the payroll system as necessary.
- Create the payroll processing schedule to ensure timely processing and payment of wages to employees
- Develop and facilitate staff training on review/process of employee time off requests and time-sheets.
- Create, edit and update all payroll reports as needed , or as requested by the HR Director
- Prepare to process payroll by reviewing changes, current/previous timesheets and any other
- Process time cards and time and attendance system to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll
- Calculate, setup and maintain garnishments and other mandatory and voluntary deductions from employee’s wages
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefit deductions, time off accrual, etc…
- Reconcile health insurance and all other benefit plans to monthly statements
- Review federal, state and local tax reports filed on behalf of the company by third-party payroll service provider
- Reconcile periodic Workers’ Comp and manage annual Workers’ Comp audit PR-Reconcile and distribute annual W2’s
- Also assist when needed in day to day Human Resources related work such as employee relations, benefits, compensation tracking and recordkeeping, recruitment statistics and staffing logistics.
This position requires a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application and a signed statement of Faith. This position also requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 2 years Kronos/Payroll processing software. Equivalence may be made for a HS diploma with more related specific work experience of human resources/payroll systems. This position must have the ability to maintain a high level knowledge in the payroll process, labor/tax codes and accuracy in preparing and entering financial information, reporting and maintenance, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level. This position must have excellent analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit www.rescuemission.org/employment . YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION TO APPLY. You may obtain an application through our website or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!