The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a dedicated candidate to serve as the Manager for the Parent and Child Enrichment Center located at our main facility in Tustin California. The Parent and Child Enrichment (P.C.E.) Manager will work as an advocate for the school age children while serving as consistent liaison with the public school administration. This position directs activities of preschool, PCE, or other child development facility to provide instruction and care for children.
Job Responsibilities (Others may be assigned):
- Appropriate preschool placement of four year olds in the Tustin school system or other preschool programs
- Plan events for the school age children for after school tutoring and school holidays
- Supervision and creation of parental classes, including development of curriculum for the development of the parental classes
- Develops and manages the “Summer to Remember Program”, which includes, hiring and training new staff, partnering with local business, preparing and reviewing budget, etc…
- Work with and support volunteer supervisors or the tutoring and summer programs
- Authorizes purchase of instructional materials and teaching aids such as books, toys, and games designed to stimulate learning.
- Provides direction to parents regarding facility activities, policies and enrollment procedures.
- Directs paid and volunteer teaching staff regarding children’s behavioral or learning problems, and recommends methods of modifying inappropriate behavior and encouraging learning experiences.
- Reviews and evaluates facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
- Reviews and approves menu plans and food purchases.
- Arranges medical attention for ill or injured child in accordance with parental instructions.
- Performs classroom teaching duties as required
- Supervise several PCE staff members and provide supervisory administration for PCE department.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed employment application and acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelors Degree in Education or Child Development with a minimum of 2 years working in administration or managing a child care facility is strongly preferred. An equivalency may be requested for the education requirement based on more related work experience (must have a minimum amount of Child Human Development courses).
- Have and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Knowledge and experience working and relating with individuals in crisis (adults, children and work effectively with other adults/parents)
- Ability to plan, organize and lead PCE team (volunteers, students, employees) in different age specific learning instruction/education and recreational programs.
- Ability to effectively meet required deadlines.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Hands-on computer knowledge, understanding and skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Class B Drivers License will be required to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
- Maintain membership in good standing status at a local Bible-believing church.
All applicants must complete a RESCUE miSSION eMPLOYMENT application and a Statement of Faith. For more information on the job duties, requirements or to apply, please visit the Orange County Rescue Mission’s Employment Site www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may download a hard copy of the application from the website and return in person or mail attention: OC Rescue Mission HR Office: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may also submit your application via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!