The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and underserved of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to hire a part time Summer Event Program Coordinator for our Parent and Child Education (PACE) center . This part time position will collaborate with Concordia University’s onsite tutoring program to coordinate, facilitate and supervise the Summer Program Events for The Village of Hope resident population of pre-school through 8th grade children. The position hours will work 3-12 hours per week starting at the end of December then approximately 10-15 hours per week as the school year ends and summer begins.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, coordinate, manage and chaperone summer field trip activities.
- Assist with recruiting staff for summer program.
- Prepare documentation and pictures of summer activities for grant writing purposes.
- Remain focused on children’s safety at all times at any/all field trips and while at the Village of Hope.
- Promote a healthy, inviting environment.
- Provide individual program components considering the special needs of each child.
- Treat teach child, co-worker, and parent with dignity and respect.
- Implement and model age appropriate disciplinary techniques.
- Monitor the appearance, décor and learning environment of the PCE.
- Monitor room arrangements to support the goals of the PCE.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, families, and children at all times.
- Oversee the safety and security of all residents, staff, and the facility.
- Communicate with manager challenges or difficulties as they arise.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a Bible believing Church and good working knowledge of the Bible, and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Recreation, Child Development or related area with a minimum of 6 months experience in planning childcare related programs/events/schedules. More work related experience may be considered in lieu of the Education Requirement, please inquire.
- Ability to effectively meet required deadlines for summer program planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Knowledge and experience working with parents and children in crisis with the ability to quickly problem solve and remain confidential and focused on position while working with the children and staff.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Grant Writing experience is a plus but not required.
- Intermediate math skills (calculate costs, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages) basic algebra and geometry concepts.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to be dependable, flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work as a productive team member.
- Position will require the ability to travel locally within Orange County using personal vehicle for job-related travel. The Rescue Mission will cover the employee in work related auto travel under the organization car insurance. These requirements are necessary:
- Valid Driver’s license and personal car insurance (that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements).
- Have an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our organization car insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith to be officially considered. To apply online, please find the “apply here” link at the bottom of each job information page. You may also obtain an application in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting one to be emailed to you. To submit an application other than online, please drop it off with the front desk, via mail or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.