The Rescue Mission is looking to hire a seasonal Education Instructor (Teacher) to assist the PCE Center in academic instruction duties for the Fall semester of the school year. This position will coordinate with Tustin Unified School District to serve as a credentialed teacher and provide planning, learning strategies, training and teaching staff to assist, and evaluating integrated programs such as General Educational Development (GED) and some Special Needs for grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. The position will ensure that all current school age children residents of the Village of Hope are receiving the most accurate academic plans to align with age appropriate matriculation.
The position will coordinate with Tustin Unified School District to serve as a credentialed teacher and provide planning, learning strategies, training and teaching staff to assist, and evaluating integrated programs such as General Educational Development (GED) and some Special Needs for grades Kindergarten through 8th grade. The position will ensure that all current school age children residents of the Village of Hope are receiving the most accurate academic plans to align with age appropriate matriculation.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, member of a Bible believing Church, a completed and signed OC Rescue Mission employment application with the Statement of Faith.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution with Teacher credentialing in multiple subjects to teach K-8th grade levels in the State or California.
Experience: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to be creditable, this experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular qualifications to perform successfully the duties of the position, and must typically be in or related to the position to be filled. Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Basic Experience in teaching programs such as Literacy, General Educational Development (GED).
- Experience in developing lesson plans and modifying existing academic curricula to meet individual learning needs.
- Experience in developing a record-keeping system to organize and track student progress through the identified course work.
- Experience selecting, administering and interpreting various formal and informal academic measures.
Combination of education and experience – Applicants who have completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s degree but who do not meet the specific course requirements shown above meet minimum qualification requirements if they have completed at least 1 full academic year of professional teaching experience at the elementary or secondary school level as appropriate to the position to be filled. Applicants strongly encouraged to provide experience information as it relates to this specific teaching position. (all teaching accreditation will be officially verified before hire)
including these minimum requirements:
- Knowledge and experience working with parents and children in crisis with the ability to recognize and communicate urgent situation to the appropriate people while maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Christ-centered, professional, and positive behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity) at all times.
- Detail oriented, organized with the ability to accomplish administrative tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with versatility to communicate with youth and professional staff.
- Self-motivated with the ability to be flexible working individually and as a member of a team.
- ·Experienced using Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification (if not certified, willing to become).
- Acceptable driving record (MVR in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Continue work as an essential worker in times of community crisis and disaster emergencies.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, occasionally lifting heavy items up to 50 lbs., bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions, which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission employment application and the Statement of Faith. Please follow the link “Apply Here” to our online employment portal to complete the application. To obtain a hard copy application in lieu of our online Employment Portal, please visit main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.