The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization to assist community members that are homeless, on the verge of homelessness and in need of care and services within Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill an upcoming full time vacancy for the Outreach Care Coordinator at our main office in Tustin, CA. This position oversees all OCRM homeless outreach and prevention functions including Chili Van, Motel Outreach, Strong Beginnings, Food Boxes and Sex Trafficking Outreach Programs. Also oversees referrals to our Admissions and Intake Department.
- Conduct interviews with community members in distress to determine eligibility for OCRM services.
- Works in conjunction with the Admissions Manager to pre-screen potential families, and provides referrals based on pre-screening outcomes.
- Provides outreach for potential clients referred by donors, partners, churches and key community contacts.
- Provide information, referral and follow-up based services to community members in need..
- Delivers and coordinates outreach focused care coordination services.
- Increase knowledge and network of resources by attending community based meetings and outreaches that represent public, private, faith based, and business organizations.
- Track and submit monthly reports related to contractual deliverables.
- Meets monthly with team to evaluate program effectiveness and compliance with contracts.
- Maintains and updates accurate record keeping via the Client Track (HMIS) e-charting module.
Hope Family House Buena Park Job Duties:
- Complete all client intake/exit paperwork in accordance with CFCOC (Children’s and Family Commission Orange County)
- Complete all data reporting (client data, services provided, etc.) in the HMIS system in accordance with our annual CFCOC work plan
- Hold regular case management meetings with HFH residents
- Review all HFH residents’ budget worksheets and bank statements on a monthly basis. Work with families to develop better spending habits and overcome any financial issues.
- Provide residents with any necessary referrals
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry, Social Work or Human Services with 2 years of direct related outreach work experience working with adults and young adults in crisis (homeless, incarcerated) is strongly preferred. An education equivalency assessment may be requested with more related work experience in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Well rounded knowledge of available referral sources and agencies providing services to those in need.
- Ability to enter, track, extract and use data for reporting and grant proposals
- Familiarity with local and state agencies governing social service functions
- Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
- Supervisory or management experience with staff or volunteers is strongly preferred.
- A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Proficient in basic computer knowledge such as Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer) with basic typing skill ability (40 wpm).
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
- Dependable scheduled timely attendance.
- OC rescue Mission is considered essential employment and will be required to work during community crisis and emergency disasters to provide care for the population we serve.
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please go to the OC Rescue Mission Employment portal by taking the link below APPLY HERE. You may also obtain a hard copy application by download from our website or in person at our main office front desk located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications by mail or in person (addressed to the Human Resources department), by email or by fax (714)566-6461. Salary/Pay rate is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.