CARE COORDINATOR – Outreach
The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill a Care Coordinator for the Outreach Program at our main office in Tustin, CA. This position oversees all OCRM homeless outreach and prevention functions including Chili Van, Motel Outreach, Strong Beginnings, Food Boxes and Sex Trafficking Outreach Programs. Also oversee referrals to our Admissions Department.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Conduct interviews to determine eligibility for OCRM services.
- Works in conjunction with the Admissions Manager to pre-screen potential families, and provides referrals based on pre-screening outcomes.
- Provides outreach for potential clients referred by donors, partners, churches and key community contacts.
- Provide information, referral and follow-up based services.
- Delivers and coordinates outreach focused care coordination services.
- Increase knowledge and network of resources by attending community based meetings and outreaches that represent public, private, faith based, and business organizations.
- Track and submit monthly reports related to contractual deliverables.
- Meets monthly with team to evaluate program effectiveness and compliance with contracts.
- Maintains and updates accurate record keeping via the Client Track (HMIS) e-charting module.
- Meets with supervisor for regular consultation, support, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed workspace.
Hope Family House Buena Park Job Duties:
- Complete all client intake/exit paperwork in accordance with CFCOC (Children’s and Family Commission Orange County)
- Complete all data reporting (client data, services provided, etc.) in the HMIS system in accordance with our annual CFCOC work plan
- Hold regular case management meetings with HFH residents
- Review all HFH residents’ budget worksheets and bank statements on a monthly basis. Work with families to develop better spending habits and overcome any financial issues.
- Provide residents with any necessary referrals
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s in Ministry, Social Work, Psychology, or Human Services including 2 year of directly related experience in the field, current enrollment in a Master of Social Work (MSW) program desired or, equivalent education and experience may be considered in lieu of enrollment in MSW program.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Well rounded knowledge of available referral sources and agencies providing services to those in need.
- Ability to enter, track, extract and use data for reporting and grant proposals
- Familiarity with local and state agencies governing social service functions
- Ability to manage projects effectively with efficiency and achieving focused results.
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals in crisis while maintaining confidential information.
- A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm).
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
All applicants must complete an EMPLOYMENT application and a Statement of Faith. Please FIND THE LINK “APPLY HERE” . You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!