In Southern California, there are not many opportunities for experienced, high-caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is solely funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
Position Summary: Provide administrative and clerical support to the Chief Operations Officer and the Operations Department in a wide range of responsibilities, all of which require a high level of organizational skills, innovation and teamwork. This position is responsible for the coordination of specific components of services related to construction projects, or specific internal operation’s related projects.
Job Skills & Requirements:
1. Receives, screen and processes all routine correspondence and distributes accordingly
2. Organizes and maintains financial and vendor file system, files correspondence and other records.
3. Accept all incoming dispatch requests as they come in, in a manner that the respective department requires.
4. Prepare all work orders received daily for the maintenance technicians to include entering complete and clear notes per task. Notify workers, vendors, constituents as needed on the progress or closure of work orders.
5. Maintain a physical “help desk” where employees can log and track maintenance requests.
6. Schedule appointments with vendors and meet with vendors as needed to provide direction, or gather information for management.
7. Inventory/tracking management for all services work.
8. Requests vendor insurance certificates per specific requirements.
9. Manages the maintenance of office and facility equipment.
10. Provides administrative support to other departments or projects as needed.
11. Performing other duties as assigned.
12. Reconcile expense reports and credit card statements.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a local Bible believing Church, good working knowledge of the Bible, and a Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith
- Associate’s degree in related field with 1-3 years of successful administrative work experience. An education equivalency may be requested with more related work experience. Please ask for more information.
- Work experience in a development and operations department for a nonprofit organization is preferred but not required.
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times)
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent calendar management skills in MS Outlook, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing corporate and community relationships with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as vendors and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong abilities in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- A pleasant, professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Detail-oriented, Focused, Self-motivated and flexible ability to work as a team.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance. Working knowledge of volunteer database programs or Salesforce experience is preferred but not required.
- Regular timely attendance on the job.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24×7. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the employee will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position may also require some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in related field with 1-3 years of successful administrative work experience in a non-profit or related field.
Ability to read. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic math. Ability to add and subtract and to multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance. Working knowledge of volunteer database programs desired. Salesforce experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.