Do you have a passion for working with the underserved communities around us? Are you looking for employment that feels rewarding at the end of the day, appreciation as an employee and coworker, stable employment in the workplace? Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
Our Faith based organization provides a successful back to work program for at risk adults to regain their self-sufficiency through Faith based counseling and services. We are currently seeking passionate, service minded business professionals to join our Development Fundraising Department as the Mid-Level Gift Officer.
The main purpose of a Donor Relations Manager Mid-Level Gift Officer is to help grow our mid-level donor relations base. The best person for this position will have knack for initiating, building and maintaining professional relationships. The Donor Relations Manager Mid Level Gift Officer will be responsible for initiating and building new donor or financial partner relationships for the OC Rescue Mission as while maintaining large established caseload of mid-level current donors that include individuals, couples, and families.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a 500+ caseload of mid-level donors. Provide communication, program updates, solicit donations, support and appreciate all current donors.
- Solicit to increase new mid-level donors.
Specific Job duties:
- Be knowledgeable and promote all OC Rescue Mission programs and donor needs.
- Introduce higher level of giving information to all current donors and hand off to appropriate MGO.
- Document and input all donor interaction into donor databases.
- Be curious and creative to seek out new giving programs and opportunities within the community.
- Work closely with the development department to assist in any and all projects or programs when necessary.
We Are Looking For:
- A personal relationship with Jesus and regular involvement with a local Bible based Church to be able to communicate meaningfully with Faith based donors, local community Churches, ministry staff and OCRM students.
- Service Minded – Strong Donor (customer) service mentality – you love working with all types’ donors.
- Trustworthy – ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity when working with confidential donor and organization information.
- Problem solver – ability to seek out solutions proactively and know when to ask for assistance.
- Ability to complete tasks with high level of detail and efficiency to achieve focused results.
- Time management skills to maintain a high volume caseload and meet deadlines for other projects.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Christ-centered behavior of dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity to all people (staff, volunteers, students, visitors and vendors) at all times while representing OCRM.
- Strive for excellence in your work – you focus on a project until it’s completed well. You know your performance expectations and hold yourself accountable to those standards.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized – you proofread using correct English grammar and triple check your work.
- Advanced communication skills in all forms (verbal, written, digital) – you are clear and crisp in your writing while demonstrating comprehension and compassion at all times.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or as a team.
- Solid technical understanding – you know how to type efficiently and use Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word), and have worked with Databases previously.
- Sense-maker – you recognize patterns and confidently alert management to problems
- Flexible – you adapt to changes, easily handle shifting demands on your time, and are always looking for ways to improve
- Comfortable working onsite – people is our business.
- Passionate about our mission – you care deeply about the impact of the Orange County Rescue Missions purpose to our local underserved communities.
- A completed and signed OC Rescue Mission Employment Application and Statement of Faith.
Your Professional Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit, Business, Communication, Marketing, Ministry,
- 2-3 years of related nonprofit or ministry organization experience. An education equivalency may be considered for a candidate with more than three years of specific related work experience in business development or donor relations in nonprofit organizations or ministry please ask.
- Advanced level of relational and interpersonal skills. Ability to demonstrate tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Understanding and knowledge of donor relations/fundraising in nonprofit or ministry industries. .
- Driver’s License (active/current) with less than 2 points on their moving violation reports with the DMV. This requirement is in accordance with the company insurance carrier for driving a company vehicle if needed for donor related events. Additionally, must be able to occasionally use personal vehicle for quick local job-related errands. Must have personal vehicle car insurance with the State of California’s minimum basic requirements. (Any work related travel mileage will be reimbursed).
Salary and Benefits Information:
If your initial application screening is successful, the pay requirements will be discussed in screening conversations.
The Orange County Rescue Mission is a fully donor funded nonprofit organization. Our compensation rates try to remain competitive and market-based according to the responsibilities and requirements of each role. All position salary ranges are pre-approved with the OCRM Board of Directors each fiscal year based on the market rate at that time. As a part of our offer process, the offer is made with the approved and current rate of pay to maintain inclusivity and fairness to ensure internal equity among current staff. Although we do ask each applicant the pay rate they require or employment, we do not ask an applicant for any salary history or consider salary histories in our offer process.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans (Medical and Dependent)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403B Retirement Plan and matching contributions
- 18* Paid Days Off year (5 sick days, personal days, vacation days accrued*) prorated at hire
- 9 -10 Paid Time Off days for Holidays
- Professional Development budget
- Lunch Daily – onsite (VOH) during normal work days.
- Onsite ministry events.
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the OCRM Organization.
TO APPLY: Please complete an Orange County Rescue Mission Employment Application and Statement of Faith through our online employment portal. This position is open until filled.