In Southern California, there are not many opportunities to make a profound impact in your community as an administrative medical professional in a growing multi-location FQHC medical nonprofit organization. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is a vital safety net for the low income, uninsured and homeless of Orange County since 2000. Our low cost clinics provide primary and preventative medical, dental, mental health, optometry, and chiropractic care. The comprehensive care model is delivered with access to a full continuum of programs including health education, care and disease management, with an emphasis on women and children’s lifecycle needs.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is seeking a strong experienced leader to fill our Medical Director vacancy. The Medical Director will provide direction and management to the clinical operations of all Hurtt Family Health Clinic facilities, including overseeing all provider staff and medical services at our Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). This position is responsible for the direct and indirect clinical supervision of healthcare providers and works in conjunction with healthcare providers on complex medical care issues along with being able to foster an environment that enhances patient trust and enables the providers to be more effective patient advocates, facilitates a cost-effective approach to patient health services and focuses on prevention and chronic disease management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Medical Doctorate degree from a fully accredited university required.
- Current, valid, unrestricted California Physician License with Board certification in either Family Practice or Internal Medicine .
- Current California Physician license, DEA license, NPI number and BLS certification in good standing.
- 3-5 years staff supervision experience with proven ability to manage and lead staff effectively to achieve standards and objectives.
- Admitting privileges at one or more Orange County hospitals is strongly preferred.
- 5 years of active clinical practice experience required.
- 3 years of experience working with Medicare, Medi-Cal benefits and regulations, as well as its population and demographics required.
- Evidence-based medical guidelines (nationally recognized standards of health care), utilization management, quality improvement and other medical management functions.
- Principles and practices of healthcare, health care systems, patient education and medical administration
- Ability to create and manage medical provider staffing schedules for multiple clinic sites, including 4 fixed site locations, mobile clinic with healthcare outreach and clinic events.
- Diagnosis and treatment of medical problems commonly experienced by the underinsured population.
- Psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for homeless patients.
- Bilingual abilities in medical terminology is preferred but not required. .
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and clinic personnel.
- Ability to foster a safe environment where people will feel comfortable to share private, pertinent information for effective treatment.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. Please take the link “APPLY HERE” below to our online employment portal to officially apply for the position. For any questions or concerns, please call our Human Resources Department directly at 714-247-4307. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.