The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Back Office Medical Assistant / Medical Driver position. The Medical Assistant will provide medical assistance back office support for the medical provider staff, in addition to driving mobile medical vehicle to and from various outreaches.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Places patients and any patient paperwork into clean, prepared exam room when scheduled for a provider visit.
- Inputs all patient info and vitals into EMR.
- Places patients into clean, prepared, lab draw areas when scheduled for lab-only visit
- Performs all routine labs for lab-only visits under supervision of medical provider
- Performs all routine labs for patients as requested by medical provider at time of patient visit
- Maintain OSHA required logs and In House logs
- Performs routine orthostatic blood pressures, temperatures, height, and weight for all patients prior to provider visit or as requested by medical provider
- Scans all paperwork pertaining to Mammograms, Referrals, Pap Smears into EMR
- Maintains clinic supply inventory and sends to main office to make purchase of medical and office supplies
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for referrals, mammograms, pap smears
- Notifies patients of test results after they have been signed off by provider
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable
- Maintains lab book and verifies completion each day
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- May be asked to assist patients with checking in for appointments, scheduling future appointments and referrals to additional services. Collects patient financial information, co-payment and additional information, as necessary.
- May be required to perform technical duties necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of patient’s appointments, referrals and follow-up visits.
- This position routinely covers for front office staff as required and directed by the office manager or designated staff.
- In charge of weekly cleaning and restocking of mobile medical vehicle, dumping septic tank and refueling the
- Drives mobile medical units to and from various outreaches (as often as multiple times per day, after-hours, and on weekends)
- Maintains all HURTT vehicle logs and any DMV records as required.
- Assists disabled passengers and children into and out of vehicle.
- Immediately report to supervisor any vehicle safety, maintenance and hazard issues. Cooperate with any 3rd party official or employee assigned to vehicle
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Medical Assistant License/Certification from a certified college or technical school.
- Minimum of 1 year successful work experience as a back office medical assistant.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English with comprehension of medical terms in both languages.
- Current BCLS for infants and adults.
- Community Clinic setting experience.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Ability to receive instruction and multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- California Licensed Driver with less than 2 points on driving record.
- Ability to safely drive and operate mobile medical units.
- Flexible working schedule and availability for weekend and/or after-hours mobile events.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Proficiency in data entry and computer programs in Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. An Employment Application is required to be officially considered. Please take the APPLY HERE link at the bottom of the job description info. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or via fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.