Medical Assistant (Back Office)
The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a vacant Full-Time Back Office Medical Assistant position. This position will provide medical assistance support for the medical provider staff for the Hurtt Family Health clinics.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Places patients and any patient paperwork into clean, prepared exam room when scheduled for a provider visit.
- Inputs all patient info and vitals into EMR.
- Places patients into clean, prepared, lab draw areas when scheduled for lab-only visit.
- Performs all routine labs for lab-only visits under supervision of medical provider.
- Performs all routine labs for patients as requested by medical provider at time of patient visit.
- Maintain OSHA required logs and In House logs
- Performs routine orthostatic blood pressures, temperatures, height, and weight for all patients prior to provider visit or as requested by medical provider
- Scans all paperwork pertaining to Mammograms, Referrals, Pap Smears into EMR
- Maintains clinic supply inventory and sends to main office to make purchase of medical and office supplies
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for referrals, mammograms, pap smears
- Notifies patients of test results after they have been signed off by provider
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable
- Maintains lab book and verifies completion each day
- May be asked to assist patients with checking in for appointments, scheduling future appointments and referrals to additional services. Collects patient financial information, co-payment and additional information, as necessary.
- May be required to perform technical duties necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of patient’s appointments, referrals and follow-up visits.
- This position routinely covers for front office staff as required and directed by the office manager or designated staff.
The Medical Assistant position requires:
- Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited college or technical school and at least one year of
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English and comprehension of medical terms in both Spanish and English.
- Current BCLS for infants and adults.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Experience in a Community Clinic setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task and demonstrate a “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced data entry with proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with basic typing ability of 40 wpm.
- The ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- The ability to receive instruction and perform instruction accordingly.
- Regular timely attendance.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel and treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please find the job application link on our website to complete the application. Return the application to Human Resources. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email [email protected], in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.