MAT Coordinator navigates patients through the MAT program using the MATCONNECT model from initial contact through the completion of their treatment. The MAT Care Navigator facilitates induction, provides assessments indicating withdrawal levels, and communicates and partners with the MAT provider on all treatment steps. They provide follow-up, makes appointments, and initiates whole person care by coordinating care between all departments.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Develop strong competencies in complex/MAT care to provide preventative and primary care for clinic patients.
2. Collaborate with primary care physicians, nursing staff, medical assistants, and patients’ families to coordinate care in a manner best suited to the patient’s needs.
3. Demonstrate a high degree of clinic expertise in working with patients with acute and chronic illnesses, including opioid and substance abuse addictions.
4. Works with clinic Ops Team and/or Medical Director on developing a quality management and clinical compliance program for MAT which includes quality management, clinical compliance, health education and case review.
5. Provides direction for MAT care management activities performed by all MAT providers working in the clinic.
6. Collaborate with patients in scheduling follow-up appointments and creating a care plan that encourages the patient to take responsibility for their own health.
7. Coordinate the receipt of necessary medications to begin induction.
8. Partner with medical assistants and/or nurse to monitor patient vitals during induction, communicating with the MAT provider with necessary updates.
9. Provides input on Hurtt Clinic policies and procedures, desktop procedures, workflows, job aides, training materials to help ensure that they are current and accurately reflect processes in order to provide consistent quality care and meet compliance with regulatory and Hurtt Clinic requirements.
10. Participates on an interdisciplinary committee to implement and maintain MAT Program at the clinic.
11. Serves as the Hurtt Clinic clinical lead for its participation in the MATCONNECT project for the Coalition of Orange County Community Clinics, participating in training and meetings as scheduled.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements:
1. Associates degree or experience that includes 2-5 years directly-related work experience specializing in a community health setting and working with diverse populations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in healthcare, specifically in primary care or substance abuse specialty care.
3. Experience in a clinic/health system environment with diverse services, patients and staff.
4. Experience developing and implementing clinical, service, and operational process improvement initiatives.
5. Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with diverse groups of men, women and children.
6. A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
7. Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
8. Treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to multi-task.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
11. Basic Typing skills with basic computer proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
12. Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health Records Data experience is preferred but not required.
13. Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
14. Regular timely attendance.
15. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is considered an “Essential Employer” during community crisis/disasters/ emergencies, therefore this employment is considered “essential” and you will be expected to show up and perform your essential job duties as designated by the organization.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless.
To officially apply, please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to complete our online employment application required by all candidates . Contact us with any employment portal problems. This position is open until filled and Full Time employees will be offered a full benefits package at hire, please inquire for any details.