The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the homeless and needy of Orange County and Inland Empire areas. The Rescue Mission is looking for a passionate individual to join the Development and Operations department as the Full Time Manager of Volunteer and Engagement at our main location in Tustin, CA. The Manager of Volunteer and Engagement will oversee the coordination, planning and management of Rescue Mission events and building of relationships through the creation of new events and related public relations opportunities.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.).
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Coordinate multi-media (video, music, brochures, audio visual equipment, etc.), press and public relations with the Director of Development and/or appropriate ministry team members.
- Create new events to increase awareness and financial support of the ministry’s mission and values.
- Assists on projects, and/or activities as needed in the Development and Communications Department.
- Assist in building relationships with current and potential donors and volunteers and work with ministry leadership to grow relationships and financial assistance to support our mission and values
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, development staff, and other ministry staff to cultivate relationships internally and externally.
- Arranges and conducts private/group tours of RM facilities when appropriate.
- Support ministry leadership as needed
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, member of a local Bible believing Church, good working knowledge of the Bible, and a Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Associate’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of successful event and volunteer engagement work experience and a nonprofit or similar setting. An education equivalency may be requested with more related work experience, please ask for more information.
- 2 or more years of Supervisory experience managing volunteers is required.
- Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times)
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent event planning and coordination experience from idea to completion.
- Excellent calendar management skills in MS Outlook, including the coordination of complex event and volunteer balancing.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing corporate and community relationships with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files & records, designing forms and office procedures & terminology.
- Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong abilities in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- A pleasant, professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Detail oriented, Focused, Self-motivated and flexible ability to work as a team.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance. Working knowledge of volunteer database programs or Salesforce experience is preferred but not required.
- Regular timely attendance on the job. Some events will occur outside of nontraditional working hours/days, must be available to attend and coordinate planned events.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.