The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is a Faith based non-profit organization that assists the homeless and needy of the Inland Empire County of California. The Inland Empire Rescue Mission is looking for a dedicated and energetic professional with a track record of successful operations management to fill the vacancy of the Manager position at our Corona Norco location.
This position will be responsible for the overall management and administration of IERM facilities, staff, residents, clients, volunteers and programs. This position will serve as the primary representative for the Corona Norco Rescue Mission. The right individual will foster community relationships by visiting with the community and making appearances to promote the Rescue Mission (RM) at local churches, civic organizations and other public and private groups. This position will manage all fundraising and donor relations programs, ministry outreach operations and volunteer engagement coordination.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Oversee the Assistant Manager position and ensuring all job duties are accurately completed. This involves managing Case Manager and Front Desk staff. Also monitoring the Intake/Admissions and Kitchen Management program.
- Provides final approval on schedules for staff and timesheets when processing biweekly payroll.
- Create opportunities to forge strategic partnerships with community providers, clientele and current and potential donors; builds strategic partnerships with other organizations
- Develop volunteer work assignment opportunities as needed within the surrounding community to ensure that all students are engaged in full time, productive, skill building assignments.
- Develop and implement ministry outreach activities to local homeless encampments and the local agencies (government, police, and churches) that service homeless individuals within the Inland Empire.
- Provide ministry leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth in the Inland Empire.
- Meets and communicates regularly with Chief Operations Officer regarding current program implementation, further program challenges, staff and facility updates, and budgetary issues.
- Ensure effective hiring and supervisory practices that encourage staff to improve performance, build cross functionality, and identify and build leaders.
- Coordinates with OCRM Development Department for student success stories from the IERM.
- Develops and implements IERM’s fiscal year goals in conjunction OCRM Chief Operations Officer.
- Supervise building, remodeling, and growth campaigns to ensure all Rescue Mission expectations are met and facilities are in compliance with all government requirements and Rescue Mission standards.
Job Skills & Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith and a member of a Bible-believing church.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Organizational Management, Religious Studies or Public Relations and previous successful work experience in a related field such as ministry and/or non-profit setting. An equivalency may be made with more related work experience in lieu of the education requirement.
- Ability to minister and coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Experience in case management, ministry program organization, implementation, policy management, budget planning and control, fundraising, staff supervision and training is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with men, women and children in crisis.
- Ability to hold students accountable for their Individual program goals and elements.
- Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and the IERM staff.
- The ability to think promptly and professionally.
- Be self-motivated and flexible.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Typing @ 40wpm and PC computer knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Explorer).
- Working knowledge of Case Management database/software desired
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular timely attendance.
For more detailed information on this position’s job duties and requirements, please go to our website www.rescuemission.org/employment. To be considered for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please find the job title on our employment portion of the website, then the “apply here” link.
You may also obtain an application at our Corona location: 420 Harrison St, Corona, 92880. Please submit any hard copy applications via fax (714)566-646 or email preferably. If you deliver the application in person, please put in a sealed envelope with the job title you are applying for. You may also submit by mail (attention Human Resources) to 1 Hope Drive, Tustin CA 92782. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.