In Southern California, there are not many opportunities for experienced, high caliber professionals to work in a large, distinguished ministry. The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Our $22 million budget is solely funded solely by private donations, which enables us to provide meaningful, Christ-centered service to those in need, unencumbered by government regulation or restrictions. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer to join the Donor Relations team. The position reports to the Development Manager and will solicit, cultivate, and builds donor relationships based on major gift strategy of building 1:1 relationships with the goal of moving donors to a higher level of engagement and an increase in major gifts year over year.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, member of a Bible believing church and a completed OC Rescue Mission employment application with a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years successful working experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in a ministry or non-profit setting. More successful fundraising work experience may be considered in lieu of the education requirement, please ask.
- Successful fundraising experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a record of accomplishment of building donor relationships and closing gifts.
- Knowledge of tax laws that influence charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Effectively articulate a case for support so that others take heart to our vision/mission/goals securing gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft software along with database entry, reporting, and maintenance. Salesforce is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to work occasional non-traditional hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to address and quickly problem solve with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- This position is considered essential employment and requires the ability to work onsite during community crisis/emergency disasters to ensure the care of our students under social services guidelines and continue funding for the OC Rescue Mission.
To apply for this position you must complete a Rescue Mission Employment Application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to the Orange County Rescue Mission online employment portal to complete the application and statement of Faith. A PDF version of the application is available for download on our main employment page and a hard copy application is available for at our main office location: 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications via email, fax (714)566-6461, in person at our front desk, or by mail (attention Human Resources). Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.