The Orange County Rescue Mission is a nonprofit Christian Faith based organization that assists the needy and homeless population of Orange County and parts of the Inland Empire. The Rescue Mission is looking for a Maintenance Technician to fill a vacancy in our very busy Facilities Department. The position will assist our Facility Operations Manager with day-to-day building maintenance, operational activities and repairs at multiple Rescue Mission locations while providing Christian Faith based training situations for our program students to learn maintenance skills to re-enter the job force eventually.
Job Duties are (subject to change):
- Perform projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs with hands-on maintenance related activities including: painting, plumbing, electrical, patching walls, repairing doors, windows, locks, etc.
- Supports the operation of facility equipment and systems regularly to minimize unplanned downtime, to solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist overseeing Rescue Mission program student workers while they learn new skills and assist in minor repairs in the organization.
- Communicates regularly with direct supervisor to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Communicates directly with direct supervisor to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process.
- Tracks and Reports accurate data on repair projects into computerized maintenance management data system for tracking work orders and maintenance history of RM and Hurtt facilities.
- Tracks and Reports accurate inventory information of all tools and building supplies as needed.
- Ensures that all equipment is in proper working order.
- Ability to train and oversee program students in maintenance related projects with Christian faith based values and lessons, but not interfere with their assigned program and medical schedules.
- Perform monthly evaluations on students that you supervise, and keep in contact with case managers regarding any issues.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, completed OC Rescue Mission employment application with a signed Statement of Faith acknowledgement and member of a Bible believing church.
- An Associate’s Degree or Technical School Certificate with education or training in Maintenance Repair or related field with 1 year as a lead maintenance technician is strongly preferred, but not required. A High School diploma/GED with more related work experience as a Lead Maintenance Tech or related position will be accepted to make the education equivalency.
- Requires sound judgment regarding use of equipment, tools, material, and manpower.
- Proven general “handy-man” talents and skills e.g. excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Skill in operation of motorized vehicles, power and hand tools and equipment for vehicle and mechanical system work; mechanic’s tools including jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools, and other tools required for repairs and routine maintenance.
- Good physical condition, able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize requests, follow procedures and keep accurate records.
- Basic Typing skills with the knowledge and ability to use Microsoft software programs like Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer). Entering info, database entry, reporting and maintenance.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining professional, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient.
- Strong decision making ability, problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal or written and customer service with all staff, students, volunteers and guests in person and on the phone.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record), Class B driver’s license preferred.
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the application link below “APPLY HERE” to our online employment portal. Hard copy applications may be downloaded from the main employment page or picked up in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.