The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a Full-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse position. This position will provide a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients, as directed by the Clinic Administrator and/or Medical Provider in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care. This position’s working hours will be scheduled along with the Clinic’s schedule of Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Triaging patients and managing Clinic flow.
- Case Management of Critical patients utilizing “Population Management Reports”
- Explain lab results, Diagnostic Imaging, other diagnostic test results to patients.
- Orders supplies to ensure Clinic is fully stocked.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary care team and support services, including Physicians, Medical Assistants, and others.
- Consistently follows Policies and Procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Keeps clinic in compliance with Title-22, Cal-Optima, VFC program, CalOptima
- Performs nursing tasks, demonstrating Clinical Competency.
- Supports Provider productivity.
The LVN position requires a minimum of:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Completion of an Accredited California Licensed Vocational Nursing program.
- Certified California LVN License, current and in good standing.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an ambulatory care or community clinic setting but 2 or more years is strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual speaking and writing abilities in Spanish with fluent understanding in medical terminology.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary care team.
- Ability to work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Able to maintain good working relationships with employees, coworkers, and departments.
- Effective training and coaching skills; Knowledge of child, adolescent, and adult health care issues.
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, clinic-based nursing tasks.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic computer understanding in medical office settings (i.e., EMR/EHR systems).
- Basic typing skill (40 wpm) with proficiency with Windows Microsoft Office programs such as (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer preferred but not required)
- Ability to work as an essential employee in community crisis/emergency disasters .
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply and be considered for this position you must complete an application, please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to fill out the online application. You may download a PDF application through from our employment page our or by asking our OCRM front desk that is open 7 days a week( 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782) You may submit your PDF application in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled. This position is open until filled. All Full Time Hires will be offered a great benefit package.