The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a Full-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse position. This position will provide a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients, as directed by the Clinic Administrator and/or Nursing Director in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Triaging patients and managing Clinic flow.
- Case Management of Critical patients utilizing “Population Management Reports”
- Explain lab results, Diagnostic Imaging, other diagnostic test results to patients.
- Orders supplies to ensure Clinic is fully stocked.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary care team and support services, including Physicians, Medical Assistants, and others.
- Consistently follows Policies and Procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Keeps clinic in compliance with Title-22, Cal-Optima, VFC program, CalOptima
- Performs nursing tasks, demonstrating Clinical Competency.
- Supports Provider productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
The LVN position requires a minimum of:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and graduation from a California Accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program.
- California State Board LVN License, current and in good standing.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an ambulatory care or community clinic setting.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, verbal and written communication with fluent knowledge in medical terminology.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification required.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with multi-disciplinary care team.
- Ability to work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups.
- Able to maintain good working relationships with employees, coworkers, and departments.
- Effective training and coaching skills; Knowledge of child, adolescent, and adult health care issues.
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, clinic-based nursing tasks.
- Familiar with various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Treat people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Basic computer literacy ability to comply with department needs and expectations (i.e., electronic medical record documentation, obtaining background information and reports on patients, following up on appts, etc).
- Basic typing skill (40 wpm) with proficiency with Windows Microsoft Office programs such as (Word, Excel, Outlook,Internet Explorer preferred but not required)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Regular timely attendance.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To apply and be considered for this position you must complete an application, please take the link “apply here” to fill out the online application. You may obtain an application through our website or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or our fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.