The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time vacancy of our bilingual Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). The bilingual LCSW will provide bilingual culturally sensitive mental health services to the communities by providing assessments, referrals and follow-up appointments includes developing plans with the client and implementing therapeutic treatment plans in strength-based model in both the doctors’ offices and the individual counseling office.
Job Duties (subject to change depending on the needs of the clinic):
- Provides direct bilingual behavioral health and medical social work services to individuals, families, groups and communities, under the supervision of the Mental Health Director.
- Provides crisis counseling as needed and outreach counseling to community settings such as schools, home visits, and other settings as assigned by the Mental Health Director.
- Provides specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Document progress/ case notes in the EMR including assessments, treatment plans and progress notes and other reporting and statistical data in a timely manner as required by the law and clinic guidelines.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client such as controlling weight, controlling pain, adjusting to stress, or substance abuse education and support services such as observing urine tests.
- Conducts relaxation exercises or learn relaxation skills from supervision, facilitate peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- Refers clients to supportive community services and in-house medical services or support programs to supplement office treatment and counseling.
- Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines and gets yearly cultural supportive training.
- Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
- Periodically provides community mental health presentations and power point presentations on pain management, childhood mental health issues, or stress management workshops to the community or clinic staff.
- Inputs and maintains patient information in the EMR system in a timely manner
- Tracks and maintains patient follow up. Scans all paperwork pertaining to patients.
- Performs any and all such duties that are within the scope of this individual’s certifications that are requested by the medical providers.
- Develops community relationships for patient referrals.
- Tracks and maintains all logs for patient referrals.
- Makes sure patient and provider have signed all appropriate paperwork when applicable.
Position schedule is primarily first shift, but may require work beyond the normal (weekends/holidays), depending on clinic or patient emergencies that may occur. The work location is at a busy, community clinic setting where the LCSW will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers entering medical information which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases).
- Licensed in California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with two years (1-4 years preferred) of clinical experience post masters degree and preferably some experience in medical social work.
- Community Clinic setting experience, preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) with comprehension of medical/mental health terms in both Spanish and English is required for this position.
- Experience providing specialized counseling groups or classes for adjustment to illness, adjustment to pain, parenting classes, depression, grief, anger management, teen issues or on other topics within the scope of license and training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources, and public and private benefits programs.
- Insurance knowledge and other various funding sources such as Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in all forms (written, verbal, typed) including strong “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and EMR / EHR systems is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multicultural environment with diverse groups of men, women and children.
- Treat all people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times (i.e. when speaking on the telephone, to visitors, and company personnel)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for infants, children and adults.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. To officially apply for this position, please use the “Apply Here” link below to complete the required HURTT Employment Application. If there are problems with the online Employment Portal, you may also download/print/complete and return a PDF version of our application from our main employment page or pick up a hard copy that is available at OC Rescue Mission front desk (open 24 hrs. a day, 365 days a year) located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Applications are strongly preferred through our Online Employment Portal, but we will accept a hard copy application if it is submitted by fax (714)566-6461, email, mail (addressed to Human Resources), or dropped off in person at the OCRM Front Desk (please put in envelope addressed to HR). *This is not the address of the Clinic work location. This position will be offered a full benefits package at hire and position is open until filled.