The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking to fill the part time vacancy of Laurel House Development Manager at our Tustin location. Laurel House is a six bed temporary Christian housing and care for teen girls at risk of homelessness or who are runaways because of volatile family situations. Laurel House provides a safe environment for the girls heal, learn and grow from possible abuse they have suffered or possibly properly diagnosed and treated for undiagnosed mental health issues.
This position has a variety of responsibilities and will assist the Orange County Rescue Mission Director of Development in coordinating efforts to increase the organization’s funding base for this small but important program. This positions main objective is to adhere to the strategic plan to procure funds for Laurel House while promoting its mission and outcomes. This position will serve as the Laurel House ambassador and solicits donations and fundraising opportunities.
Job Responsibilities (subject to change with departments needs):
- Protect, maintain, and strengthen existing relationships and facilitate the ongoing development of new and beneficial relationships for the Rescue Mission staff, volunteers, providers, donors, stakeholders and clientele, while being politically astute and tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain a strategic plan for Relationship Asset Management that includes a database to track relationships.
- Maintain, and strengthen vital stakeholder relationships including Rescue Mission staff, volunteers, community leaders, and donors.
- Support the Rescue Mission’s public advocacy and public policy initiatives; representing the Rescue Mission in advocacy activities as needed.
- Locate sources of funding, approaching suitable funders and soliciting major donors.
- Administer fund-raising program and time writing to and meeting with donors
- Maintain strong communication with executive team and donors via newsletters or other publication to demonstrate financial need and show the fiscal responsibility of the organization.
- Develop fund-raising programs and activities while ensuring that the organization operates within the approved budget. Adhering to a budget and focusing on meeting fund-raising goals are crucial components of this position.
- Oversee the management and execution of direct marketing, social media, and video production.
- Supports the Director of Development in building relationships with community, non-profits, corporations, individuals and funders in order to engage them in a funding partnership with the Rescue Mission.
- Researches prospective funding sources and seeks grants according to foundation/donor guidelines.
- Creates and sends out thank you letters and donor recognition letters/notices on a timely basis as allowed by grant deadlines for all foundation gifts received including packaging and mailing to “Foundation of the Month” (F.O.M.).
- Supports Corporate Communications Program including press/media and foundation requests which may include maintaining and updating Laurel House-related social media content and outlets as it relates to funding and development efforts along with printing of the e-news article for shipping to the F.O.M.
- Assists in coordinating and hosting foundation site visits for Laurel House, as well as OCRM’s other programs and facilities includes assistance with Donor Appreciation projects and assisting with tours and providing handouts.
- Interacts with funders at local conferences and workshops to develop and sustain direct funder relationships.
- Internet research on new corporate/foundation prospects including Foundation Search for key foundation info and general web search on Foundation name, board of directors, giving history, etc.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, Christ-centered behavior (treating people with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity at all times), church membership and signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or public relations with significant successful work experience in fundraising or major gifting. More successful work experience in fundraising/major gifting will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with the President.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- A thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; experience with business functions, systems and operational management experience.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- A pleasant professional personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) with basic typing skills (40 wpm). Experience with Salesforce database/software is a plus.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Provide and use his/her personal vehicle for job-related travel and ensure that it has valid insurance that meets at least the State of California’s minimum basic requirements.
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. Please use the link to the online application, PREFERABLY. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.