The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the Least, the Last, and the Lost in our community for over 50 years. Employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Landscaping and Janitorial Supervisor candidate to join the Landscaping team. The position reports to the Facility Operations Manager and is responsible for maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the Village of Hope facility to professional standards by enforcing and performing best practices as they relate to the janitorial and landscaping fields. The position also will also provide janitorial and landscaping supervision and coordination for all the New Life students assigned to work in landscaping and the janitorial services during their stay at the Rescue Mission.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Oversees the daily operations of the janitorial department and supervises students assigned to the VOH Janitorial
- Works with students on projects that require direct supervision for guidance and security
- Assigns jobs to the students assigned to the VOH janitorial crew which include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Cleaning offices on a daily basis
- Clean restrooms on a daily basis
- Clean break room on a daily basis
- Clean windows as needed
- Empty trash containers as scheduled
- Vacuum according to schedule, or more often if necessary
- Shampoo carpets as directed
- Mop concrete and tile floors as necessary
- Polish concrete and tile floors as scheduled
- Maintain and order janitorial supply inventory
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed
- All other duties as
- Oversees the daily operations of the landscaping department and supervises students assigned to the VOH landscaping
- Works in conjunction with the maintenance lead to assure the proper operation, maintenance and repairs of in-ground sprinkler and drip
- Maintains care and upkeep of equipment and
- Maintains work records as
- Assigns jobs to the students assigned to the VOH janitorial crew including the following areas:
- Maintains lawns, shrubbery and trees including planting, watering, trimming, mowing, edging, fertilizing, and weed and pest
- Preparing areas for planting by clearing, grading and fertilizing and watering
- Picking up and disposing of trash and debris in assigned areas using rakes and
- Trimming hedges and shrubs with hand shears or power edgers; pruning and trimming trees and Removing dead trees and plants using handsaws, chain saws and clippers.
- Operating blower for cleaning sidewalk and drive way of gravel and small
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employees skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, regular involvement in a local Bible believing church, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- High school diploma with a minimum of one year of Landscaping and Janitorial work experience or any combination of work experience and education to make equivalent.
- Good physical condition, able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to prioritize requests, follow procedures and keep accurate records.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining professional, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient.
- Strong decision making ability, problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with staff, students and guests in person and on the phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record), Class B driver’s license preferred. This is very important for our next hire.
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please take the application link to the OC Rescue Mission Employment application. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications in person, by mail (attention Human Resources) or fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.
We are currently transitioning to our new applicant tracking system. During this time, please email your application to [email protected] or fax to 714-566-6461. Thank you!