The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is looking to fill a full-time Patient Services position. The Patient Services candidate will provide daily front office, eligibility, and intake support services for Hurtt Family Health Clinic patients.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when answering telephone calls as HFHC “Ambassador”. Documents all messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintains a hospitable and welcoming clinic environment.
- Schedules patient appointments for all service areas within the Clinic.
- Collects patient payments, posts in EMR and performs end of shift daily reconciliation of all funds received and cash drawer balances.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of appointment policies and procedures to ensure appointments are scheduled accurately to provide a positive experience for all patients.
- Cross trains in all areas of front office and patient services, including receptionist, enrollment worker, eligibility determination, sliding fee scale determination, and referral tracking.
- Determine patient eligibility for appropriate government sponsored programs.
- Verifies eligibility for medical insurance benefits for all clinic patients.
- Provides follow-up on all pending applications to ensure enrollment process is complete.
- Maintains a policies and procedures manual that includes a user’s guide for referrals, including physicians, in all specialty areas for children and adults.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Maintains the privacy and security of protected health information, the confidentiality of all information and conducts all aspects of patient care in an ethical and professional manner in accordance with federal, state rules and regulations.
- Receives faxed documents, and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Reroutes telephone messages and enters all requests directly into EMR and sends to appropriate staff.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma with 6 months -1 year of medical front office experience OR any combination of education and work experience to make an equivalency. Community Clinic setting experience is preferred but not required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English with comprehension of medical terms in both languages.
- Ability to receive instruction and multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization.
- Proficiency in data entry and computer programs in Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- California Licensed Driver with less than 2 points on driving record.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. A HURTT Employment Application is required. Please take the link below to our online employment portal. You may also obtain an application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or via fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.