In Southern California, there are not many opportunities to make a profound impact in your community as a healthcare administrative professional in a growing multi-location FQHC medical nonprofit organization. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic Organization is a vital safety net for the low income, uninsured and homeless of Orange County since 2000. Our low cost clinics provide primary and preventative medical, dental, mental health, optometry, and chiropractic care. The comprehensive care model is delivered with access to a full continuum of programs including health education, care and disease management, with an emphasis on women and children’s lifecycle needs.
The Hurtt Family Health Clinic is seeking an experienced leader to fill our Director of Operations vacancy. The Director of Operations will provide management over the day to day clinical operations of all Hurtt Family Health Clinic facilities. This position also oversees all non-provider clinic staff members including Clinic Managers, Medical Assistants, Patient Services, Dental Department, Behavioral Health, and works closely with the Executive Director and Medical Director to ensure that the Clinic runs efficiently.
Job Duties (duties are subject to change with the needs of the clinic):
- Oversees management of all clinical medical and support staff including review of charting and all other documentation.
- Partner with the Medical Director to develop and maintain a provider productivity program to improve provider and clinical staff efficiency and productivity. Hold periodic joint and individual staff meetings to review performance.
- Investigates and responds to complaints regarding clinical care, resolving any complaint with expediency and in a professional manner in coordination with staff. Keeps the Support team informed of all issues.
- Ensuring the Clinics are properly staffed by actively participate in the process of recruiting medical assistants and non-medical staff, and assures development of sound Annual Operating Plans, Programs and Annual Budget.
- Continuously appraise team performance, both individual direct report members and the team as a whole, assessing competencies and provide coaching/corrective action in conjunction with Human Resources Director/ HR Policy as appropriate under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Supports the Executive Director in all aspects of legal compliance, including budgets, policies and procedures assigned areas to ensure they are in conformance with overall Clinic goals and policies.
- Continuously review all factors affecting the cost of administration and the operations of the Clinic. Take necessary corrective action within scope of duties/leadership to keep costs commensurate with the Clinic’s objectives, or recommend appropriate action to the Executive Director and BOD for areas outside Director of Operations scope of duties.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, prepare and present information to the Board of Directors and responds to BOD requests on various aspects of Clinic operations.
- Develop and implement the vision and strategic initiatives of the Hurtt Family Health Clinic as approved by the Board of Directors and as assigned by the Executive Director.
- In conjunction with the Support team and Medical Director, maintains health care clinic Policies and Procedures documentation and training.
- Become proficient in E-Clinical EMR database in order to run ad hoc reports and any necessary documentation needed for grant and outcomes reporting.
- In conjunction with the Support team, this position oversees all tracking and reporting for federal/state /local grants including but not limited to UDS, OSHPD, Prop 10 Commission, TSR, and Komen.
- Oversee all billing and collection functions, and acts as primary interface between billing company, EHR vendor and clinic to manage claims completion and correction.
- Participates in the QA/QI Committee process to review clinical, procedural and financial improvement.
- Participates in the planning, including goal setting, strategic identification, benchmarking and evaluation to support fund development.
- Works in collaboration with the Support team and BOD on potential growth opportunities to develop marketing plans, staffing schedules, budget forecasts, clinical policies and lines of business and then tracks the outcomes of these efforts.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration. An educational equivalency may be considered for a candidate with a lesser degree if that candidate has significantly more related work experience (please contact HR).
- A minimum of 3 years of successful hands-on work experience in healthcare administration or management, or similar role in healthcare management.
- Ability to create and manage medical provider staffing schedules for multiple clinic sites, including 4 fixed site locations, mobile clinic with healthcare outreach and clinic events.
- Evidence-based medical guidelines (nationally recognized standards of health care), utilization management, quality improvement and other medical management functions.
- Principles and practices of healthcare, health care systems, patient education and medical administration
- Understands Medical Billing processes for all types of healthcare insurance along with the underinsured processes in FQHCs.
- Demonstrated “detail-approach” to administration and organization within all areas of responsibility.
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer) and basic typing at 40wpm. Electronic Health Record (EHR/EMR) knowledge and experience is strongly preferred.
- Understand the psychosocial factors involved in administering health service for our needy or homeless patients while treating all people with dignity, respect and compassion at all times.
- The ability to maintain professional and respectful communication of any form (verbal, digital, or written) to anyone (patients, staff, visitors, volunteers, students, interns) in any situation while representing this leadership role for HFHC.
- Ability to foster a safe environment for patients to feel comfortable enough to share private, pertinent information to ensure successful and positive interactions.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the neediest community members. To apply for this position, please complete the required HURTT Clinic employment application through the online employment portal by taking the link below “Apply Here”. Please email [email protected] with any problems in the portal. You can also download the hard copy application at www.rescuemission.org/employment. You may also request an application be emailed to you or you may pick up an application to complete at our main office located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by email, fax (714)566-6461or regular mail (attention Human Resources). This position is open until filled.