The Orange County Rescue Mission has been serving the least, the last, and the lost in our community for over 50 years. Our organization is funded solely by private donations and employment at the Orange County Rescue Mission is a unique opportunity to make a profound impact in your community, while fulfilling your calling to serve Jesus Christ.
The Rescue Mission is seeking an experienced Groundskeeper to join the Operations team to in supporting two of our locations. This position will mainly support a large 33-acre property in Silverado Canyon, Orange County and the second property located in Riverside County called the Double R Ranch. This position is a full time potion that will have the option to live on site at the Silverado location. The main purpose of this position will be to provide and coordinate high quality customer service, maintaining cleanliness and order while promoting an attractive and safe environment at these two locations while following all OC Rescue Mission policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide essential operations and maintenance functions to these two locations and coordinate services with outside vendors while following directions and policies of management.
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, grounds and other essential facilities and responsible for daily upkeep of the grounds, buildings and amenities; cleaning and removal of trash and debris, including large bulk items.
- This includes yard care to include mowing, trimming, edging and weeding. Prune or trim trees, shrubs and hedges.
- Upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and other grounds features. Including such things as erect and repair fences and gates, paint building exteriors and curbing.
- Clean, repair and prepare vacant apartments for new residents prior to move in.
- Operate powered maintenance and landscaping equipment and vehicles
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, axes and trimmers.
- Submit paperwork and appropriate documentation on a daily basis to OCRM Facility Operations Manager.
- Maintain accurate inventory account and records.
- Responsible for knowledge of OCRM policies, OSHA policies and procedures and local ordinances as they relate to the properties.
- Be aware of, and operate within, OSHA standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance on vehicle, tools and equipment to ensure they are in safe working condition.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor.
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding property or residents.
- Maintain OCRM vehicle operations, this includes inspections, regular service, oil changes and cleaning.
- Provide emergency on-call work when necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to residents and visitors.
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response to residents, vendors and staff.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude.
- Promote safe and attractive communities through positive interactions with residents or visitors.
- Must maintain a professional relationship with residents at all times.
- Respond to work orders, calls and other inquiries in a timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain paperwork as required.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- High School diploma / GED equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of successful paid Grounds keeping/Facility Operation work experience.
- Full knowledge of grounds keeping maintenance procedures, landscaping processes, tool and utilities is required.
- Ability to drive and knowledge of maintenance for utility vehicles with equipment is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, follow directions/procedures, make efficient decisions, proactively analyze and solve problems, be detailed and organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, flexible/adaptable, and cooperative to accommodate job demands.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and
- Must be dependable, trustworthy and able to work effectively with minimal day to day supervision but communicate any work issues or incidents to management immediately.
- Good physical condition with the ability to work outside in occasional extreme weather conditions, with excessive dust or dirt, Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and he ability to safely lift and/or carry 50lbs.
- Ability to interact with students, volunteers, visitors and staff (at all levels) in person or over the phone in a professional, positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, confidential and efficient manner in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer). Basic typing and knowledge of database entry for tracking records, reporting and maintenance is needed.
- A valid California Driver’s License with acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 MVR points), Class B driver’s license preferred but not required.
To apply for this position you must complete an application and the Statement of Faith. Please go to the OC Rescue Mission Employment portal link below “APPLY HERE”. You may also obtain a hard copy application by download from our website or in person at our main office front desk located at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit any hard copy applications by mail or in person (addressed to the Human Resources department), by email or by fax (714)566-6461. Salary is contingent on experience and full benefits will be offered at the time of hire. This position is open until filled.