The HURTT Family Health Clinic is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the needs of low-income families of Orange County, California. The Hurtt Family Health Clinic (HFHC) is seeking to fill the available position of Front Desk Team Member to assist with answer incoming calls, schedule patient appointments and assist with patient services issues for the appropriate location for Hurtt Family Health, Mental, and Dental clinics.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when answering telephone calls as HFHC “Ambassador”. Documents all messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Creates and maintains a hospitable and welcoming clinic environment.
- Collects patient payments, posts in EMR and performs end of shift daily reconciliation of all funds received and cash drawer balances.
- Assists with scheduling of patient appointments for medical, dental, mental health, chiropractic and optometry visits.
- Effectively communicates with Admin and Medical staff to maximize clinic patient flow.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of appointment policies and procedures to ensure appointments are scheduled accurately to provide a positive experience for all patients.
- Cross trains in all areas of front office and patient services, including receptionist, enrollment worker, eligibility determination, sliding fee scale determination, and referral tracking.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all telephone calls and messages as appropriate.
- Trains back up personnel on telephone system, EMR, and phone protocol.
- Receives faxed documents, and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Reroutes telephone messages and enters all requests directly into EMR and sends to appropriate staff.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
- Routes or replies to messages left in clinic voice message queue.
- Performs other specified duties whenever assigned.
Job Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma or an equivalent earned education.
- Six (6) months – 1 year of excellent phone skills and reception experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish in both verbal and legible writing skills and communication.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Internet Explorer) with basic typing and computer skills.
- A pleasant respectful personality to people you are speaking with on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel with the ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- The ability to act and think promptly and professionally.
- Self-motivated and flexible with good organization and interpersonal skills.
- Regular timely attendance on the job.
The Hurtt Clinic is affiliated with the Orange County Rescue Mission, a non-profit; Faith based organization that serves the needs of the homeless. All applicants must complete an application. Please find the job application link on our website to complete the application. Return the application to Human Resources. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. Please submit your application via scanning and email [email protected], in person, postal mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.