The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based nonprofit organization that assists the neediest community members of Orange County, California. The Village of Hope provides a safe place for adults in crisis or at-risk of homelessness to participate in a “Back to Work” program for adults in crisis or at-risk of homelessness. The program students live onsite sometimes with their their families while getting back on their feet through hard work and faith based counseling.
The Rescue Mission is looking to fill a new vacancy for a Full-time Front Desk Supervisor. This position will supervise and provide leadership to the Rescue Mission Front Desk Operations and small staff in various scheduled shifts. This position will monitor the staff work and ensure that each team member is meeting the objectives of each department, conducting training, coaching, and review of each team member’s performance. This position will have its own shift scheduled at the front desk to ensure that all operations and policies are being followed. The Rescue Mission Front Desk is open 24 hours a day and staffed in various shifts 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our Front Desk Reception position is very important and a representative of being the first interaction upon arrival with staff, visitors, volunteers, and program students. Our front desk staff also serves as a main central hub of information assistance and problem solving for our program students, visitors, and volunteers. The best candidate for this position must have experience supervising a small staff, solid understanding of reception work, scheduling staff and coverage.
- · Ensure that front desk staffing is adequate and functional through the organization and hiring of the front desk team.
- · Oversee the training of all new Front Desk Receptionists and Front Desk Leads, and continue to retrain as needed.
- · Coordinate with front desk team’s availability in order to create a staff schedule, making sure that the front desk is covered by a staff member at all times (includes covering shifts if no other team members, including Front Desk Leads, are available to cover).
- · Work directly with department managers in the creation and implementation of new front desk procedures as organizational changes or needs arise.
- · Verify that all front desk procedures and documents are being updated regularly with all the most recent information
- · Check regularly that front desk staff is following all policies and procedures with accuracy, providing regular feedback and direction where needed.
- · Coordinate regular front desk staff meetings
- · Work onsite greeting all arrivals to the Rescue Mission (staff, visitors, program students) in a positive and professional manner.
- · Learn and be able to provide helpful information to visitors and Village of Hope program students.
- · Observe Village of Hope students during normal working interaction from the front desk; notify appropriate staff members if needed to resolve any conflicts. May be asked to compile and report observations to the Case Management Team.
- · Visually monitor security cameras; report any suspicious incidents to the assigned/ on-duty Case Manager or staff member.
- · Responsible for following emergency procedures; notify staff, students and visitors of evacuations and emergency exit procedures.
- · Secure doors and monitor access to OCRM facilities for authorized personnel by maintaining accurate entrance/exit procedures and records.
- · This position is responsible for greeting and directing incoming volunteers and visitors; providing information and directing individuals and groups to the appropriate OCRM staff member(s).
- · Responsible for assisting students with the incoming screening process; contact on-duty Case Manager to assist to ensure that all students are following the terms of their individualized programs
- · Maintain strict control of all keys and access badges; logging out appropriately and complying with access privileges.
- · Maintain daily activity/incident logs.
- · Handle incoming calls from various sources (agencies /individuals). Depending on need, refer residential candidates from partner agencies and church partner relationships, as well as self-referrals (as applicable to work location).
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- More than 3 years of front desk or reception work with increased levels of responsibility.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience over a small staff.
- Experience and knowledge around organizing and coordinating staff schedules
- Ability to work vacant shifts or last minute emergencies.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, digital)
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative skills with writing email, policies, filing and documenting.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel) working knowledge of communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie)
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Acceptable Driving Record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an employment application and a Statement of Faith. Please take the APPLY HERE link below to get to our online employment portal.
You may also obtain an application by downloading from our website, in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting an email with a PDF application. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.