The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for part-time assistance (up to 28 hours per week) at our Front Desk at our Orange County location. This position is the first face of the Village of Hope and will greet and assist all volunteers, visitors and staff upon arrival. This position will also be responsible for answering and transferring all calls to the appropriate staff or program student. The perfect candidate for this position must be able to multitask job duties in a very fast paced front desk while remaining calm, positive and professional at all times. The Village of Hope front desk is open 24 hours a day for 365 days a year. We are looking to fill several weekday and evening shifts working between 4,6 and 8 hours per shift. Please specify the shift availability to work when applying.
- Assist Village of Hope Students with basic questions and program assistance. Observe and notify appropriate case managers or staff members for guidance in minor situations that arise in their program plans.
- Visually monitor security cameras; report any suspicious incidents to Security, Case Management or Executive Team.
- Responsible for assisting students with the incoming screening process; contact on-duty Case Manager to assist to ensure that all students are following the terms of their individualized programs.
- Maintain strict control of all keys and access badges; logging out appropriately and complying with access privileges.
Maintain daily activity/incident logs for the front desk.
- Referring residential candidates from partner agencies and church partner relationships, as well as self-referrals (as applicable to work location).
- Learn and use the walkie-talkie to communicate with warehouse, security and other various departments.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or Certification to prove education equivalency.
- 6 months of front desk reception or customer service experience. Experience working in social services, ministry or counseling is preferable but not required.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- The ability to work with adults and children in crisis situations and recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with organization and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, MSWord)
- Ability to learn and consistently use communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie)
- Be dependable, trustworthy and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Acceptable Driving Record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Continue scheduled current job duties during a community crisis/disaster or emergency situations as this position and employment is considered “Essential” and OC Rescue Mission and its entities are considered an “essential employer” in a social services/caregiving setting.
All OCRM applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain an application by downloading from our website, in person at our main office at1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting an email with a PDF application. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.