The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. We are looking for part-time assistance in our graveyard shift at our Front Desk at our Orange County location. This position will greet and assist all students and visitors to the Village of Hope and HURTT Family Health Clinic. Our Front Desk position is a very important to the Rescue Mission because it is the first face of the Rescue Mission upon arrival and deals with multiple important duties in our fast paced environment. The perfect candidate for this position must be very detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task while remaining calm, positive and professional.
We are currently looking to fill shifts in these areas. Please let us know which shift(s) you are interested in :
- Weeknight graveyard shift (Sunday & Monday 9pm-6am the following day)
Some other duties that this position would include but is not limited to are:
- Greet and provide helpful information to all students and visitors to the Village of Hope.
- Observe Village of Hope students during normal working interaction from the front desk; notify appropriate staff members if needed to resolve any conflicts. May be asked to compile and report observations to the Case Management Team.
- Visually monitor security cameras; report any suspicious incidents to the assigned/ on-duty Case Manager or staff member.
- Complete 2-3 walking security patrols around OCRM property (night shift only @ 10pm, 1am and 4am).
- Conduct monthly fire drills.
- Responsible for following emergency procedures; notify staff, students and visitors of evacuations and emergency exit procedures.
- Secure doors and monitor access to OCRM facilities for authorized personnel by maintaining accurate entrance/exit procedures and records.
- Responsible for assisting students with the incoming screening process; contact on-duty Case Manager to assist to ensure that all students are following the terms of their individualized programs
- Maintain strict control of all keys and access badges; logging out appropriately and complying with access privileges.
- Maintain daily activity/incident logs.
- Handle incoming calls from various sources (agencies /individuals). Depending on need, refer residential candidates from partner agencies and church partner relationships, as well as self-referrals (as applicable to work location).
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel) working knowledge of communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie)
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Physical Ability to walk grounds during graveyard shift (30-45 minute walk around property, including stairs up and down)
- Acceptable Driving Record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. You may also obtain an application by downloading from our website, in person at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782 or by requesting an email with a PDF application. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or by fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.