The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for part-time assistance (approximately 28 hours per week) on the graveyard shift at our Front Desk at our Orange County location. The hours for this position vary between the hours of 9pm-6am working four, six and eight hour shifts Monday through Sunday.
This position will greet and provide helpful information to all students and visitors to the Village of Hope and handle all incoming calls from various sources (agencies/individuals) and routing the calls to the appropriate department or church partner relationships. Some other duties that this position would include but is not limited to are:
- Observing, recording information based on student conflict situations to the Case Management Team may be needed.
- Assisting students with incoming screening process and make sure that all students are following the terms of their individualized programs deemed by their Case Managers.
- Visually monitor security cameras, conduct monthly fire drills and be responsible for following emergency procedures to notify staff, students, and visitors of evacuations and emergency exit procedures.
- Physically walking the grounds to confirm doors are locked and secure once or twice a shift (depending on the shift scheduled).
- Maintain strict control of all keys and access badges given to visitor and students and maintain daily activity/incident logs.
The basic requirements to apply are:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education and 6 months front desk experience answering phones.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and knowledge of how to use communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie) are preferred. Knowledge of other Microsoft programs (Word, Excel) a plus but not required.
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Acceptable Driving Record (no more than 2 points on current record)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION and a Statement of Faith. Please apply directly through the link provided on this page “APPLY HERE” or go to our main employment page to download an application directly. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.