The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. We are looking to fill two part-time graveyard shift vacancies at our Front Desk at our mail location in Tustin, Orange County. These positions will monitor the front desk during graveyard hours, greet and assist any visitors that arrive looking services, and monitor the grounds for safety and security issues that may arise for the program participants in the Village of Hope. The perfect candidate for this position must be very detail oriented, physically able to walk the grounds of the facility, organized and able to multi-task while remaining calm, positive and professional.
We are currently looking to fill vacancies in these areas. Please let us know which shift(s) you are interested in :
- Graveyard shift (8 hr shifts between the hours of 9pm-6am, Sunday & Monday nights)
- Graveyard shift (8 hr shifts between the hours of 9pm-6am, Friday & Saturday nights)
- Greet and provide helpful information to all students and visitors to the Village of Hope.
- Observe Village of Hope students during normal working interaction from the front desk; notify appropriate staff members if needed to resolve any conflicts. May be asked to compile and report observations to the Case Management Team.
- Visually monitor security cameras; report any suspicious incidents to the assigned/ on-duty Case Manager or staff member.
- Complete 2-3 walking security patrols around OCRM property (night shift only @ 10pm, 1am and 4am). Patrol schedule can be discussed further for detail.
- Responsible for following emergency procedures; notify staff, students and visitors of evacuations and emergency exit procedures.
- Secure doors and monitor access to OCRM facilities for authorized personnel by maintaining accurate entrance/exit procedures and records.
- Responsible for assisting students with the incoming screening process; contact on-duty Case Manager to assist to ensure that all students are following the terms of their individualized programs
- Maintain strict control of all keys and access badges; logging out appropriately and complying with access privileges.
- Maintain daily activity/incident logs.
- Handle incoming calls from various sources (agencies /individuals). Depending on need, refer residential candidates from partner agencies and church partner relationships, as well as self-referrals (as applicable to work location).
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- The ability to act professionally and think promptly in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel) working knowledge of communication equipment (paging, radio/walkie-talkie)
- Be self motivated, dependable and have a good attitude with coworkers and students.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Physical Ability to walk grounds during shift ( 30-45 minute walk around property, including stairs up and down)
- Acceptable Driving Record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an OC Rescue Mission employment application and Statement of Faith. Please take the link below “APPLY HERE” to the online employment portal. The employment application may also be obtained by downloading the PDF version from our main employment page or email, please contact us at 714-247-4369. Hard copy applications will be accepted by to mail, hand delivered to our front desk, email or fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.