The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Delivery Driver to immediately fill a temporary part time vacancy for our Food Rescue Driver. The best candidate for this position will have small box truck delivery driving experience with a current California Driver’s license in good standing (less than 2 points). This position will drive to local Whole Food Markets to rescue packaged food that the business plans to discard. This position is scheduled to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 7:30am to 12:30 pm.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Maintain driving route to pick up and deliver items from different locations.
- Operates radio or similar device to communicate with staff, supervisor or other vehicle drivers to report disruption of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Maintains proper safety of vehicle, including regular safety checks.
- Immediately report to supervisor any vehicle safety, maintenance and hazard issues.
- Keeps records of trips.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- High School diploma with six months to one year related driving experience (minibus, van or lightweight utility truck) and/or training or any combination of education and work experience to make an equivalent.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record)
- Must have the physical ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively.
- Supervisory experience over volunteers with the ability to hold individuals accountable for meeting goals and objectives is preferable.
- Knowledge of loading and unloading supplies/passengers efficiently while maintaining a secure environment while in transit.
- Must be trustworthy, accurate and detailed while handling all merchandise being pickup up and delivered.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes, journey and miles traveled.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality and service needs.
- A pleasant professional personality to demonstrate a high level of customer service to passengers and coworkers.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), self-motivated, flexible with the ability to work as a team.
- Church Membership in good standing and working knowledge of the Bible.
All applicants must complete an Employment Application and a Statement of Faith, please take the link below “Apply Here” to the online employment portal. You may also obtain a hard copy of the application at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources), the OCRM website or via fax 714-566-6461. This position is open until filled.